Hardley Mill Mooring

YnysMon

Has anyone moored at the Hardley Drainage Mill pontoon and used the electric post there? I was wondering whether it uses the same cards as the posts on the BA moorings or whether you have to buy different cards from somewhere.

thanks

Helen

If you brought them last may they will be the new plastic card that came into use in march 2017 The older type card paper card can I believe still be exchanged for the new type and had a use by date on the of Feb 2017 although I doubt very much that they could write into the card date when the card wouldn't work , to me it was more of a reminder not to by too many of the old card , since the update to the new system new single doors have been added replacing the  twin doors for each socket making things much easier and a foam strip below the Meter now makes losing a card inside the post an impossibility . all they need to do now is sort out the posts at reedham so they don't trip out .

Yes, they are the ‘new’ cards. I was slightly worried last May as there had been several posts on the Forum in April about the new cards being in short supply, but when we arrived in Ferry Marina we had no problems obtaining the new cards. Maybe I overdid it buying £5 worth though!

£5 will last you a while, we usually find something left on a post anyway from the previous occupier. If there isn’t, your £1 will probably leave something for the next boat along. Swings and roundabouts as they say. Hardley Mill is one of the loveliest spots to moor, watching the Brundall trundle on a Friday afternoon is interesting, I wonder if we will see Independence in the procession................:default_stinky:

• Like 1