New Addition To The Workshop

Wildfuzz

I need to expand mine now too, as I managed to acquire a planer thicknesser at the boot fair at the weekend for £85, its a 20 year old dewalt dw1150, minus the planing deck (so it just acts as a thicknesser at present), but since they are still £500 on ebay it was a bargain (the boot fair trader does house clearances, and is a regular at the boot fair) the only problem is that at the moment its living in the back garden under a barbecue cover until I can clear space for it in the workshop ( I do need to construct a duct connector to attach my workshop vacuum to for shaving clearance though.)

2 hours ago, WherryNice said:

Nice! Remember folks whenever possible a workshop should be made at LEAST 5 times larger than you ever imagined you would need it to be......

which is why my model railway shed is now 63ft long...

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, grendel said:

I need to expand mine now too, as I managed to acquire a planer thicknesser at the boot fair at the weekend for £85, its a 20 year old dewalt dw1150, minus the planing deck (so it just acts as a thicknesser at present), but since they are still £500 on ebay it was a bargain (the boot fair trader does house clearances, and is a regular at the boot fair) the only problem is that at the moment its living in the back garden under a barbecue cover until I can clear space for it in the workshop ( I do need to construct a duct connector to attach my workshop vacuum to for shaving clearance though.)

I think you will need something a little bigger than a vac, I can fill my 120 litre extractor bin in a short while whilst thicknessing, get a dust deputy (cyclone) on a tub between the machine and the vac, makes a huge difference and saves the vac to. 

Capture.JPG

• Like 2