Opening Day Reports

Simondo

Fished on Sat morning on the Ant, rest of the day on the Bure, pretty decent and caught the two biggest eels I've ever caught!

But...the most memorable thing about the weekend, and not in a good way, was that I was bitten to pieces by some critters, don't know what they were, never felt a thing at the time, but crikey did they itch during the night. At least a dozen bites on both arms, both legs and my head, they still itch like crazy. Never had anything like that before.

But...the most memorable thing about the weekend, and not in a good way, was that I was bitten to pieces by some critters, don't know what they were, never felt a thing at the time, but crikey did they itch during the night. At least a dozen bites on both arms, both legs and my head, they still itch like crazy. Never had anything like that before."

We have got the same problem in our garden at the moment ,there not mozys , they are knat,s, have a stripped body when looked at close, waiting for the bats to get in gear, also last year dragon flies the size of spitfires patrolled the garden,it,s a real pain for a couple of weeks or so(we are surrounded by dykes where they breed

Yeh I've found at least 3 biting critters around. Mozzies are the worst for me as I have some sort of reaction when I get done, they end up like boiled eggs. There's also some blackish delta winged jobbers about 5mm that give a good account of themselves and there’s the minute buggers that are all over the place at the moment, certainly in Cheshire and Norfolk that give a little nick that hours or a day later start itching like billyOh! I’ve been mullered recently but I must say the Cheshire mozzies are the SAS of the fly world and the size of Crane flies  :default_blink: