Free Outdoor Theatre

Poppy

image.thumb.png.7c3180fbf0211322070dd51fe48e6182.png

"Crude Apache present ‘At the Turning of the Tide’, a high energy show full of music, tears and laughter. The show tells the story of the Norfolk Wherries, the great trading vessels of the Broads, which reached their heyday in the mid nineteenth century before suffering a terminal decline with the arrival of the steam railways.

Set in the second half of the nineteenth century and told through the lives of one family, the tale follows the heartaches, triumphs, losses and disasters of the river folk of Norwich and Norfolk.

Accompanied by music from The Punch House band, the sixty minute show is suitable for all the family – bring a blanket or something to sit on, a picnic and a drink and enjoy a trip back in time to witness some of our most poignant and fascinating heritage."

I plan to see it at The Locks this evening.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

A splendid production, a story true to the Broadland history, and particularly the latter days of the wherry. It has a bit of everything. Song, comedy, drama and pathos. I reccomend it highly.

Incidentally, I had a lovely pint of 'Redwood' from the 'Grain' brewery. Also highly reccomended !

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3