Return To Boating 2019

Hi David,
Russell was on Sonnet in spring time when the weather was wet and windy so the draughty canopy was more a problem then than it should be when you go. Also its best not to focus on the micro faults someone else may have found with a boat. They are just that - micro faults and will not spoil your enjoyment of the boat. There will be plenty of other highlights on Sonnet which you will come back enthusing over.

Hi Davidh yes they were micro faults perhaps next sept may be fine but we don’t care we have been on boats before smaller than sonnet and those being honeymooners. We love the broads we only live hour away at Walsingham it’s just that my dang legs have a mind of their own old age I suppose so I want to come back to the broads and have a yarn,as long as I can get off the back and my wife off the front I’m sure sonnet will give us happy memories.

Sent from the Norfolk Broads Network mobile app

I rang Hoseasons and managed to change back to Sonet it cost me an extra £31 admin fee

£31 admin fee to change to a different boat next year. I’m in the wrong game........

Hi David suggest you take a length of clothesline/rope to tie to the steps you won't lose them then, it also makes it easy to retrieve it from the  boat when you return and the boat has gone up or down, we have a step and if we hadn't tied it on we would have lost it many a time, they don't float or wind blows them.John

That’s a good idea brilliant infact I,ll tell my good lady when she comes it now we have sonnet we will try to moor stern on in many places and we won’t be going to Yarmouth or Norwich,but potter proberly ranworth,phone the new inn in advance and get a mooring there then proberly ludham,our side moorings will be st benets,how hill and Sutton staithe.

£31 admin fee to change to a different boat next year. I’m in the wrong game........

Yes I got the boat cheap as well lol

Hi David, my friend and I hiring Sonnet late in the year purchased some pipe lagging (the thicker of the two sizes) this worked a treat, September you probable wont need anything or at most a bit of rolled newspaper. As DavidH said concentrate on having a lovely time, I am trying to persuade a friend to have another few days on the Broads before winter sets in. My highlight was catching a decent size Bream on Womack water, I was to be seen in marigolds acting like a real wuss waiting for a kind chap to come and help land it, he did and guffawed at the gloves so loudly that all the other boaters gathered to enjoy the sight and he is probably dining out on it still. Well must go got a spider in the sink heeeelp.

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Meg said:

a decent size Bream on Womack water, I was to be seen in marigolds acting like a real wuss waiting for a kind chap to come and help land it,

The reason being Meg, that those marigolds no matter how pretty they look on your hands, will do any fish harm, in future please use bare hands wet preferably, never rags or marigolds.

Tight lines

Charlie

• Like 1

Thank you point taken,  I was not aware of that. You don't suppose I got close enough to hold it  for long do you? It  flapped away and just for a second it was held then back to keep net then very gently placed back in the river. I may never fish again but will remember that one.

• Like 1

Hi David, my friend and I hiring Sonnet late in the year purchased some pipe lagging (the thicker of the two sizes) this worked a treat, September you probable wont need anything or at most a bit of rolled newspaper. As DavidH said concentrate on having a lovely time, I am trying to persuade a friend to have another few days on the Broads before winter sets in. My highlight was catching a decent size Bream on Womack water, I was to be seen in marigolds acting like a real wuss waiting for a kind chap to come and help land it, he did and guffawed at the gloves so loudly that all the other boaters gathered to enjoy the sight and he is probably dining out on it still. Well must go got a spider in the sink heeeelp.

Hello meg yes rolled up newspaper works wonders pipelagging I’d need quite a bit according to that Russel character. I live in Norfolk only an hour away we thought because of our golden wedding this year next sept 21st will be our 51st anniversary and god willing with our little dog we will have a holiday and if my disability gets worse after at least I’ve had a memorable holiday drafts and all. It will be fun at Womack,the peace will be shattered with the arrival of kayliegh our pet she’s a funny bark but not an ounce of anger in her. Keep the spider well must dash teas on the table speak soon.

Thank you point taken,  I was not aware of that. You don't suppose I got close enough to hold it  for long do you? It  flapped away and just for a second it was held then back to keep net then very gently placed back in the river. I may never fish again but will remember that one.

Hello meg,no holiday read my post to Vaughn,but you enjoy the river maybe see you around one day if you tell me where your moored and I,ll come by car to say hello.