Summer holiday on East Coast

We are planning a holiday from Sunday 25 July until Friday 6 August.

Our intention is to spend a couple of nights at Southwold, then head to Ipswich taking in the Walton Backwaters, then back up to Woodbridge dependant on the conditions finishing off with some time at RNSYC, OB, Beccles, etc. We have never been further than Southwold before, so this will be a whole new world for us!! If anyone is interested in coming along for any or all, then please let us know.

:Stinky:Stinky:Stinky

Why would you want one of those? :naughty::naughty:

good point! :pirate

where are you heading anyway?

Ian, I thought I had got my ICC or recognised equivalent when I did the RYA trip with Jupes??. I need to check what the certificates say...

lb :pirate :pirate :pirate

Did you do your ICC with the RYA Adam, if so did you do your CEVNI written test on European waterways rules?

SSR is just a mater of paying a few quid to get your boat registered on the small ships register, you only need pt3.

You should already have your VHF short range ships and operators licenses.

If you have ICC then you can have it CEVNI Endorsed just by sitting the written exam but as David says you don't need it if you don't go inland.

The receipts for fuel are essential as red is illegal on the continent for boat use and you will get charged duty on the total size of your tanks, plus a hefty fine if you can't prove you bought it in the UK.

Antares_9 wrote:

Stop being naughty Adam, Ostende is in Belgium, we are proposing Ostende, Nieuwpoort and Blankenberge.

Lets hope the weather gods are with us this year :?

The last couple of years have been against us but backup plans A-Z are at the ready :grin:

We are planning a holiday from Sunday 25 July until Friday 6 August.

Our intention is to spend a couple of nights at Southwold, then head to Ipswich taking in the Walton Backwaters, then back up to Woodbridge dependant on the conditions finishing off with some time at RNSYC, OB, Beccles, etc. We have never been further than Southwold before, so this will be a whole new world for us!! If anyone is interested in coming along for any or all, then please let us know.

:Stinky:Stinky:Stinky

Adam, Hi

That is a most fantastically kind offer! :clap:clap:clap

We've PM'd you on it!

ps We've got all the qualifications you need.........

Good Luck with the trip you 2, sure you will be fine, just remember you don't have to do the circles in Southwold harbour this time :grin:cheersbar

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Thanks Ian. We are looking forward to it!!

And to everyone else going away, have a great time. cheers:party2: