Broads Internet 2019 Update

Siddy

Following our week on the North side 1st week in May I was having signal issues with 3 network on the mifi unit, I didn't seem to get the coverage I normaly get.

Our mobiles are BT sims and one evening the ipads were have internet issues via the mifi so checked the BT internet on the phone and it was giving 4G+ which is city center speeds so shared the connection that way and Kaz was watching Netflix film.

I checked BT web site for coverage map and they seem to flood the Broads area.

I was also reading in a computer mag last month that other network providers were wanting BT to share there network in remote areas and they got a no no no which seems fair play

If other could check BT on their travels and see how they get on I could be swapping the Three mifi card to BT.

• Thanks 1

The BT mobile product does use EE, but you likely won't get all of the channels and thus coverage is not as good.

Most of the MVNO's work like that - It is too costly to spin up a mobile network now so if starting up you buy airtime with an existing one and resell that. But you'll never get the premium product which they sell to their own customers at a higher rate.

Sent from the Norfolk Broads Network mobile app

If anyone wants a giffgaff sim (o2 network and cheap) I have a load with a free £5 airtime when activated, I ordered 3 and they sent me 12 for some reason, I must declare the interest of me also getting £5 airtime when they are activated.

I've been finding giffgaff very good and very cheap too, it's either payg airtime or monthly goodybags (with auto renew enabled it works like a contract but only 30 days at a time).

I'm happy to pass on free.