Richardsons Thursday Start Day

Broads01

Yes they are Madeira, fairway & Tideway's I think.

My thoughts were it would be ideal for me as weekend starts are inconvenient with my work, and a quieter start (& finish) day could have an appeal to many, though I quite like the busyness of changeovers & everyone starting their hols!

I am sure these will let no problem in the peak season but it will be interesting to see as they are week hires only how they book in the quiter months, or if there will be any incentive to encourage people towards this day, off peak if nothing else.

All the best

Dan

It got too much... I had to search for Thursday starts next August as well and there is a raft of different classes not just the few I mentioned that are running already.

I guess moving more onto Thursday start will help the increased fleet size still work well and help the new boats fit into some of the standard days that those moving start days leave.

Good to also see some of the photos have been updated now, as have Hoseasons.

Off for further perusing.... :grin:

Dan

Hi,

Yes, we have moved some boats to the Thursday start to make space for other boats which work better on short breaks or Saturdays.. we should have a turn round of about 10-15 on thursdays and now have upto 22 on a Tuesday.

We think people would prefer to travel on the less busy days and it takes the pressure off the busy days a bit.

Guest DAYTONA-BILL

I always prefer to start on a Saturday as starting midweek means taking 6 working days leave for a weeks holiday instead of 5. Next year we`re starting on a Friday, and we`re using 11 working days instead of 10, so if we have another holiday later in the year and start on a weekday, we`ll use 6 days as described above. which means in efect, we`ll lose half a weeks holiday. However, for retired people, it won`t make a difference. Roll on retirement, but i hope to have my own boat on the Broads long before then. Regards to all .............. Neil.

I was thinking the same as Neil about work holiday days but I can see the benefit in the roads having less holiday traffic. So Clive, which boats work better for short breaks?

the big ones :)

We do have plenty of smaller boats still on Mon-Fri so no need to panic!

someone told me that the busiest day at Norwich airport was Wednesdays, I dont know how true it is but people do start their holidays on any day.

Guest DAYTONA-BILL
I was thinking the same as Neil about work holiday days but I can see the benefit in the roads having less holiday traffic. So Clive, which boats work better for short breaks?

Simon, have you ever tried driving down to Dorset on a Friday afternoon and evening in the height of summer?, I should`nt bother, you`ll be two gunstwo gunstwo gunstwo gunstwo gunstwo guns by the time you get here :lol::lol: . Seriously though, it`s not the sort of journey you would want to do AFTER a holiday, as you`d need another one to get over it. That said, guess who`s got to do it next June :cry:cry:cry:cry:cry:cry . Regards .................... Neil.

That's why you leave in the wee hours on the morning when you have a full car the lasting you want is traffic so we leave around 3 to 4am that gets us there for around 8 to 9am fist to get booked in then we can get the shopping sorted load the boat be away as quick as posable.