All though the shape isn't everyone's cup of tea, we had 10 nights on Silent Emblem, the electric hybrid version. The use of the space was amazing with so much headroom too. The top deck was fantastic, great to helm from with really good views. Would I change anything, probably just add an electric mud weight.

• Like 1

I’ve got my eye on hiring one of these cruisers at some point. Saw Andromeda moored at Reedham earlier this week. I like this design even though I know that a lot of people don’t. 

My issue would be that there’s no support for your back when sat at the upper helm as far as I can see. I guess that keeps the airdraft down by those few important inches for bridge clearance. But I would be interested to know @TostockTimonier how you found this and how was the legroom at the upper helm too. 

12 minutes ago, SwanR said:

My issue would be that there’s no support for your back when sat at the upper helm as far as I can see. I guess that keeps the airdraft down by those few important inches for bridge clearance. But I would be interested to know @TostockTimonier how you found this and how was the legroom at the upper helm too.

I too was worried about the support as I have trouble with my back, sitting awkwardly  or standing still for any length of time aggravates it but not this time. There is about 5" or 6" of backrest and the seat is shaped and padded with ample room to fidget around, I'm 5'7" and had loads of leg room and the helm has a twin seat, which I shared with a well built 6'2" guest with ease. I helmed from Beccles to Brammerton Common (just over 6hrs) stopping only for comfort breaks and mugs of tea. If you use the link in my previous post and look at the video tour.

I'm one of those that doesn't mind the style because of the space it creates, I would definitely recommend Silent and I'm sure the other boats from the same mould would be just as spacious.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1