The Old Coots Club

Timbo

In a spirit of fun, friendship and respect...the forum seamstress has very kindly made me a couple of items. :default_norty:

We have several members who have a wealth of knowledge and wisdom about The Broads and boating gained through long experience. I'm not saying they are old, although I have it on good authority that Wussername did Nelson's handover when Nelson learned to sail on Barton Broad and Vaughan got the boat ready. More importantly these members have long recognised the need to promote the Broads and Broads boating experience to a younger generation. Now if the kids can have the 'Coots Club' then there's no reason at all why we can't have the 'Old Coots Club' for the older kids. Much, much older kids! And if you are a member of the Old Coots Club then you really ought to have a pennant and a flag on your boat? :default_biggrin:

So with thanks to Polly for making and posting them, I have a flag and pennant each for Vaughan and Wussername, the original Old Coots!
20200522_074121.jpg
To save looking it up the motto translates as 'history alive'. Apparently there's a secret handshake and funny walk, although I thought that was just the vino collapso!

• Like 10
  • Haha 4