Children's Play Areas

catcouk

Hello all,

After missing my Easter holiday (thanks to the obvious 2020 reasons), I have got a short break on Antigua to look forward to! My wife and some friends are coming but the most important person to keep happy is our toddler! Combined with next Easter's adventure with another family (who have their own toddler), I thought I'd raise the question about children's play parks (and hopefully help out other families too). When we went last year (just me, the wife, and toddler), I started trying to find all of the children's play parks. Here is my list so far. If anyone has any to add to the list, I'd be very grateful. All times are walking times according to Google...

--THE NORTH--

RIVER ANT

Dilham (5-10mins South of the moorings, in a field opposite the Cross Keys pub) - not sure about this one

Ludham Bridge (35mins - see Ludham/ Womack Water, River Thurne)

RIVER BURE

Salhouse Broad (by the moorings)

Horning (by the Village Hall, we walked 20mins from the Ferry Marina moorings but much closer to the village)

Horning - at the TFI Horning pub

Acle - at the Bridge Inn

Stokesby (by the moorings)

RIVER THURNE

Hickling (5 mins away, Staithe Road)

Potter Heigham (10mins South in Repps, Church Road) - we used this one before starting our boating holiday at Herbert Woods

Ludham/ Womack Water (10mins, Catfield Road)

Thurne - at The Lion pub

--THE SOUTH--

RIVER CHET

Loddon (Chedgrave) (10 mins from village staith, closer to Pacific Cruisers - The Pits, Hardley Lane/ Pits Lane)

Loddon (10 mins, through the village, Kitten Lane/Loddon Football Park) - also has a skate park

If you know of any others, please add them below!

RIVER WAVENEY

Beccles (North of Yacht Station)

Waveney River Centre (adventure park)

Oulton Broad (Nicholas Everett Park, right by Yacht Station, 5 mins from the Wherry Hotel)

Somerleyton - at Somerleyton Hall (30 mins)

RIVER YARE

Whitlingham Country Park (near Norwich)

5 hours ago, RumPunch said:

Hoveton - behind village hall. Ten minute walk or so from the bridge towards Stalham

That's great. Close but not so close I'd have seen it. Huge thanks.

• 3 years later...

Coltishall -up Rectory Rd which is opposite the church. 15 mins?

Neatishead- past White Horse, up hill past village hall, straight on at junction, right at next junction. 20 mins from moorings? Also a mini climbing wall at the moorings. 

Play areas at Pubs.
Dog Inn at Ludham Bridge 
Red Lion at Coltishall.  
Norada in Potter Heigham. 

There’s a children’s play area at Rockland St Mary.  Moor in the basin opposite the (closed) pub.  Turn right towards the village proper and take the first right called Green Lane.  There is a park and playground along there on the right.

2 hours ago, CambridgeCabby said:

bring a ball and Bramble will keep them occupied for hours

Another year or so and yes!

Catherine’s looking for anything that’ll work with a 15 month old - too old to stay in one place, too young to do colouring or looking at boats going by etc for more than a couple of minutes.
So this trip is going to be one of hopping from one mooring to the next and doing lots of onshore activities. Next year, it’ll be much more duck spotting, dipping a net in the dykes etc. 

• Like 1