The Last Voyage Of Lady Sandria 111&

About 5 years ago I shared the story of how 6 17 year olds managed to hire and nearly sink a 34 foot cruiser Lady Sandria 3.  The story seemed to be well received and many others shared similar experiences.  Somebody very kindly retrieved the story from your archives and four of the original crew by the miracle of Zoom during the, lockdown have recreated the story and added many other faded memories.  It was hired at the end of .may 1973 after all.  We are now ready to create a book from our weekly calls which may be very exaggerated but hopefully fun to read.  Would love to share it with you hopefully we can complete our project in the next month or so.  The one thing we haven’t yet found is a copy of the original advert for the boat in the 1973 Hoseasons brochure, if anyone can let me have a copy of the page for Lady Sandria 3 we would greatly appreciated.. it was hired from a boatyard just South of Breydon .Water

many thanks

retsub

• Like 3

Interesting to see Dawn Supreme, the Bounty 37 in the photo alongside. In my mind, the Bountys arrived a bit later than that but there it is in the 1973 brochure, presumably the photo having been taken well before that season. That means some of those Bountys still in Richardsons fleet must be knocking on 50 years old now.

11 minutes ago, Broads01 said:

Interesting to see Dawn Supreme, the Bounty 37 in the photo alongside. In my mind, the Bountys arrived a bit later than that but there it is in the 1973 brochure, presumably the photo having been taken well before that season. That means some of those Bountys still in Richardsons fleet must be knocking on 50 years old now.

How? Boats come and go in hire fleets do they not.

Boats do tend to move about. According to Craig Dawn Supreme started at Dawncraft, then Stalham Yacht Services, Hearts Cruisers, Compass Craft and a couple of private owners.

I suppose it could still be around somewhere but it was last registered on the Broads in 2005.

I believe the Bounty 37 and indeed the Horizon 35 both appeared in 1971, 5 years after the original Grp bathtub Caribbean. So 50 years this year and quite rare outside of Richardsons. Richardson s Bounty/solar 37 and 44 were largely built in/for 1975 part of Rank Organisation Gem investment. Others earlier and later examples have arrived since. One of the Rhapsody class was Tropicana from Mixer Marine dates from 1972. The original Horizon 35 Superline more recently San Carlos was sold from the fleet in the last couple of years.

Neil

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the detail, Neil. Yes, so the design is 50 years old and one of the Rhapsody class in current hire will be 50 years old next year. I know Vaughan on the forum worked on the 1975 building programme. I guess that's why I was thinking they only arrived in the mid 1970s.

• Like 1