Floating carcass in water

RedRover

On the way back from a few days out on the boat i saw an obviously dead floating corpse of an animal difficult to see what it was maybe a deer a sheep it had been in the water some time i think.never seen anything so big as that had to swerve to miss it.

anyone seen anything like this in the water before??

Not on the broads but when we were on the Fossdyke at Lincoln we used to get a lot of young deer (dead) in the river. The EA or British Waterways put some stone ramps in the river at regular intervals to help but sadly not all made it out.

Nothing recently but saw quite a few ducks and geese when there was a botulism outbreak back in the mid eighties around Wroxham. Was quite friendly with L.L. Cruisers at the time and we managed to save some.

Also saw a corpse pulled out of the Thames when I worked at Kris Cruisers, not very pleasant as he had been there a few days. If I remember correctly he was an old boy who fell in upstream of us, Police borrowed a boat to bring him in as no Police or EA boats were available.

Windsor bridge was a popular suicide spot so there were 3 or 4 while I worked there but i only saw the one.

Used to have 3 or 4 boats abreast during winter and quiet periods, several times we had to push sheep and deer out into the stream from between boats. The trick was not to burst them!!

Not on the broads but when we were on the Fossdyke at Lincoln we used to get a lot of young deer (dead) in the river. The EA or British Waterways put some stone ramps in the river at regular intervals to help but sadly not all made it out.

:wave hi gretzky there used to be alot of seals that got trapped in the locks too, especially at boston, i can't believe how much lincolns changed, & not for the better, i miss that lovely little pub that used to be there, before the one that is now called the shed, how original NOT.

Had a deer in the mooring basin where we are .apparently they can swim but have trouble getting out of the water .On the river Ouse there was a river I think it was the twenty foot drain where there would often be a few dead sheep washed down after the river was in flood. :(

A friend of mine works for British Waterways and she recently sat through a very graphic presentation of what was being recovered from our canals, including animals as large a Horses :o Some in a very decomposed state, which impressed her being a Show Jumper and Horse lover :cry