Returning...and you might hear us this time !

Guest allaboard

Landing at Wroxham 22nd October ...and spoiling ourselves by hiring Fair Majesty....bringing along our Boxer ..for his 2nd visit since he was only 3 months old (he is 2 now )......and our Son and his wife and our own claxons..our 2 grandchildren for there 1st visit on the the broads ..now places change but where are the best places now to eat..we want to eat out a couple of times during the week ..everyones opinions will be greatfully received cheersbar

I never like to give recommendations on food as everyone has different tastes, However, I always find it best to think about what you want and find somewhere to suit. If I want a full English fry up then a transport café would be my choice, If it was Veal flambé a-la creme then up market restaurant makes more sense.

Guest DAYTONA-BILL
It seems as if you all prefer the South broads ? we have done both...we have wondered if we should go through Gt Yarmouth this year ?

Hi Allaboard, we stayed south in June this year, and i have to say, i`d more than recommend it. Very few hire boats (we were on a hire boat) around, so plenty of places for overnight mooring, as well as an abundance of peace and quiet with NO CLAXONS. Please please please, don`t spoil everybodys peace and quiet by letting off claxons :pirate :pirate .

Sorry Neil, I have to disagree re claxons...... ;)

There is more than enough room for a couple of grandchildren to run riot as they should while on holiday to let off steam. There is a great park at Oulton Broad and another at Beccles as well as the pool, outdoor play area and nature reserve at WRC and loads of interesting, informative places to get them curious, such as the bird trail walk at Rockland Broad, the windmill, Hardley Mill, one of our favourites although pricey now to moor, just before Cantley, the ruins at Burgh Castle, etc, etc.... lots to get children interested in.... It has to teach them more about their country and heritage than sitting round a pool on one of the Costas???

And.... for me, there is nothing nicer than seeing claxons enjoying the Broads..... they are the future tourist industry after all! :clap:grin::grin:

As far as places to eat, I wouldn't disagree with any of the recommendations, Surlingham Ferry, Coldham Hall and Dukes Head, Somerleyton all excellent. Also consider Dilraj (can get takeaway) or White Horse, Loddon and Chedgrave, chinese takeaway at Beccles (the harbourmaster will give you the details) and the Wherry Carvery at Oulton Broad.

lol....its my 2 grandchildren age 5 and 3.......human claxons !!! :lol: Thanks Jupes...we are hiring from Wroxham and were wondering should we go through Gt Yarmouth...want to take them to so many places with only a week to do it....Im sure it wont be the last time either .....

Guest DAYTONA-BILL
lol....its my 2 grandchildren age 5 and 3.......human claxons !!! :lol: Thanks Jupes...we are hiring from Wroxham and were wondering should we go through Gt Yarmouth...want to take them to so many places with only a week to do it....Im sure it wont be the last time either .....

I thought you meant "claxons" as in "loud noisey horns". In that case fair enough, let them off ;);)