Dredging

BlueMoon

Thank you Smoggy, 

"Our work

We are responsible for the integrated management of land and water in the Broadland area. This includes conserving local wildlife, improving habitats, maintaining visitor facilities and our award-winning work in dredging."  from BA's website.

I'm saving to buy a dredger 

On 22/09/2022 at 20:52, BlueMoon said:

Hi all, there's been dredged long the Chet last winter and in Loddon staithe.

My question is ; how come there wasn't any dredging done where boats are moored in boat yards, knowing all & everyone was ready to pull away moored vessels for it to happen?

I would not be pleased if part of my tolls were used to dredge your berth. 

Good morning, thank you for some insights, thing is, we are around 20 moored stern on facing the middle of the Chet thus not in a marina So, my thinking was that BA is ' responsible' of the water, riverbed and such but, as it often happens; thought was wrong.  TheQ; I might invest in waders for wifey; cheaper than a dredger :)

• Like 1

I would imagine a pressure washer with long lance on an outgoing tide would shift a lot of silt but not so good at the top of the chet.

Many moons ago I had a small norman on a nose in mooring along a brook that ran through the marina, often I would tie the boat up solid and run the motor in reverse for a while and watch a lot of the silt go off down the brook out into the main river, it worked quite well and then became the EA's problem.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BlueMoon said:

Good morning, thank you for some insights, thing is, we are around 20 moored stern on facing the middle of the Chet thus not in a marina So, my thinking was that BA is ' responsible' of the water, riverbed and such but, as it often happens; thought was wrong.  TheQ; I might invest in waders for wifey; cheaper than a dredger :)

I am guessing from that you are in one of the old boat yards which is effectively the same as a marina although not enclosed.

Fred

On 25/09/2022 at 09:31, BlueMoon said:

Hi Blue Moon,: Trust me, a dredger will prove a whole lot cheaper than the divorce you are risking!

• Haha 1