What's Your Flavour?

Meantime

Well as it turns out, Flavours Bar and Kitchen at Horning was ours last week. Have just spent 7 days afloat and managed to eat out every night, but the hands down winner was Flavours Bar and Kitchen. Excellent food, all freshly prepared, good value for money, good service and cannot wait to go back there again. My only complaint is that the place was quiet. It is a new venture, I believe it opened in May 2022 and it needs to survive, so if you're looking for some where different for a change give it a try. 

Flavours was in very good company last week, and whilst I would happily return to any of the venues we visited, Flavours would be first choice.

We visited in no particular order,

The Dukes Head Somerleyton

The Harnser Stalham Green

The Cross Keys Dilham

The White Horse Neatishead

The White Horse Upton

The Rising Sun Coltishall

• Like 5

28 minutes ago, FlyingFortress said:

Thanks for the recommendation.

It's now on our to do list 

Well worth a visit, the only pain is finding a mooring as it's located in what was the old Pedro's building just behind The Ferry Inn. We moored at the Horning church mooring and walked up through the church and down Church Road to School Road, then down Ferry Road. About a mile in total.

2 x starters, 2 x mains, 1 x dessert, (you can guess who that was :default_icon_e_biggrin:) 2 x beers and a bottle of Red for less than £90.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Meantime said:

Well worth a visit, the only pain is finding a mooring as it's located in what was the old Pedro's building just behind The Ferry Inn. We moored at the Horning church mooring and walked up through the church and down Church Road to School Road, then down Ferry Road. About a mile in total.

2 x starters, 2 x mains, 1 x dessert, (you can guess who that was :default_icon_e_biggrin:) 2 x beers and a bottle of Red for less than £90.

Thanks for the info.

As usual both me and Mrs FF forgot our wedding anniversary yesterday. The only way we ever remember is when our oldest friends send us greetings. It is a standing joke 🤣

No worries about mooring as it's about time we took our classic car out for a waft as it has been sitting in the garage for the last month while we have been on the boat.

Can't see the top going down though with this forecast 😔

• 2 weeks later...

Took your recommendation tonight.

Never doubted you for a minute and once again absolutely spot on. 

Small ish menu but food was really really good. My Lamb was soooo tender 😁

Something different and top quality.

2 courses for me but of course Mrs FF could not resist a sweet as well.

No draught beer but as I drove there we just shared a bottle of wine. Bill came to £74 without a tip.

Very good VFM we thought and will certainly be going there again.

We did enquire about moorings and although the owner was not there tonight the Chef said that moorings were available at Ferry Marine if you told the staff there that you were visiting Flavours. If this is true then we will definitely be back when on the boat.

It was pretty quiet in there tonight early on (1930 booking) so please it's not your average pub grub place so a little more expensive but use it or lose it.

I would prefer to use it 👍🍺😁

• Like 2

Glad to hear you and Mrs FF enjoyed it. It's a shame to hear about the reduced opening hours, but I guess to be expected if it's quiet during the week. I sincerely hope this place survives the Winter and goes back to full opening hours as soon as possible. Strangely enough I had the lamb when we visited and it was excellent then as well.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

I am informed via my mother in law that Flavours has shut for the winter and the chef has returned to the Blue Boar in Sprowston (where he was the chef!) - he was good there as well!

This is based on word from one of her neighbours who spends a lot of his free time in the Blue Boar so it is probably accurate!

Liz

ps we were very impressed with Flavours when we visited in August

• Like 1

• 2 months later...