Advice For April Broads Trip (first Timer) - Take 2!

Maddybc

• 2 months later...

Not sure if you will see this but I wanted to come back to thank you all again for the guidance and advice.  We brought the non-stick pan and warm blankets and wouldn't have wanted to be without them.  We absolutely lucked out with the weather.  Went to Ranworth, had lunch there but it was very busy.  We ended up spending two nights at Salhouse Broad, leaving during the day and then returning later as we just loved it there and it was quiet, so peaceful.  Had fun feeding the ducks, swans and geese too :8_laughing:.  

We had no trouble navigating or manoeuvring the boat, it was big but easy to handle (for my hubby & friend, I prefer looking after the drinks!).  Absolutely amazing time!

As predicted, we are already planning our next trip, but longer next time!

Happy boating!

Maddy

IMG_2304.thumb.jpeg.2c8a870508afa04470be0a9ceeb64a62.jpeg

IMG_5686.thumb.jpeg.26cb37a2f5e432bb485a9cd2a8986a58.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Love 4

On 23/01/2023 at 10:46, Gracie said:

stay for longer, there is so much to see and do that you can't in a weekend

You see, I told you so :default_biggrin:

Hi Maddy

I am so pleased you had a lovely time and thank you for coming back to let us know how you got on

So what boat are you choosing next? :default_winko:x

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Gracie said:

So what boat are you choosing next? :default_winko:x

This is the hard part because we loved the boat we had too, it worked perfectly for us.  The debate is currently whether we find one of those lovely self-catering places with river access and a small boat for the duration or if we stick with the big boat and get under Ludlum at low tide!

Haven't researched yet, budget will likely dictate. :)

Can't wait whatever we do!

• Like 1

There are larger boats that still have a lowish air draft or a retractable roof and will get under Ludham Bridge. Back in 2017 we hired Royale Emblem from Ferry Marina for a week for a party of 5 adults and a dog. It is an older boat, but we found it very comfortable and more recently she’s had a makeover. Had a great time. We got under Ludham Bridge to get to Gaye’s Staithe, under Wroxham bridge to get to Coltishall Locks and under Trowse Bridge to get to Norwich. Obviously, as we managed to get to Norwich, we also got under those two pesky low bridges at Great Yarmouth.

• Like 3