Haven Bridge

Smoggy

Has anyone heard how haven bridge is doing lately? Will it be in operation this summer? Am I hoping too much? Will I ask any more silly questions? How long is a piece of string? Who am I and how did I get here?

Answers on a £20 note to Smoggy c/o any riverside pub.

It's not the going over I'm bothered about, it's the lifty lifty uppy downy bit and going under I'm bothered about.

Must be a couple of years since I saw it last lifted, I've had to pick my times to go under but it doesn't always make for favourable tidal streams on the longer coastal runs.

On the subject of bridges at Gt Yarmouth i notice the new bridge has buttresses protruding into the river on both sides which seems to  reduced the width of the river by about 25% . Yarmouth has always been fast flowing so will this reduction in width  make it a bit like shooting the rapids at certain times ? and will this bottleneck affect river levels?