Advice About Picking Up Passengers After Boat Pick Up

troggy

13 hours ago, troggy said:

it's called commander.  It's the one that looks like Battlestar Galactica.  That's not why I chose it. :default_biggrin:  

Yeah, funnily enough my first thought was that you may have hired an RF45.

Nice boat, we were the third hire on Commodore 1 and everyone thought it was a private boat :default_norty:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, oldgregg said:

Yeah, funnily enough my first thought was that you may have hired an RF45.

Nice boat, we were the third hire on Commodore 1 and everyone thought it was a private boat :default_norty:

I've seen the video of the commodore, the decor looks a bit nicer and a double bed at the front instead of a scissor.  I wonder if that is all of the differences?  I found a video of the commander by accident as there are only two on youtube.  This one shows the top deck.   If I can link it here I will otherwise the title of the video is: "Norfolk Broads 2018 with good mates for a 4 day holiday"

RF 45 Commander

I didn't have stern thrusters last year, it's almost like cheating. 

Hi troggy If they are arriving by car, the car parking at Richardson's is a lot better and safer and they wont have to carry there luggage to the boat they will either be able to park next to the boat or use a trolley. there are various places near by if they are arriving a day or so later to occupy you until they arrive near by. John

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, annv said:

Hi troggy If they are arriving by car, the car parking at Richardson's is a lot better and safer and they wont have to carry there luggage to the boat they will either be able to park next to the boat or use a trolley.

Thanks I will try to arrange it this way if I can, it's better for me if we just all go together anyway.   

29 minutes ago, troggy said:

I've seen the video of the commodore, the decor looks a bit nicer and a double bed at the front instead of a scissor.  I wonder if that is all of the differences? 

It basically is, yeah. I looked around the Commander that they took to London Boat Show a while back and she had the scissor berths as per Monaco but was otherwise the same as a Commodore.

It just gives a bit more flexibility with the layout as she could sleep 5/6 lads with the two sets of twin/double convertibles.

I see they have used some of my photos for the Commander listing on the website - Many from the Commodore listing are mine as she was finished within 12 hours of going on the first hire and they hadn't had chance to take her out, so we snapped a load and sent to Clive.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, oldgregg said:

I see they have used some of my photos for the Commander listing on the website - Many from the Commodore listing are mine

Ah fascinating, did you take the external ones and internal?  I'm taking a 14mm lens with me so I'll probably take a couple of long exposures at dusk and during the evening.  I'll photoshop in any of the deck lights that aren't working (if any) and as I'm already there, add some fake barnacles, a pirate flag and maybe a chest of gold and giant squid tentacles coming over the top of the boat.   :default_icon_e_smile:   

• Haha 1

A mixture... They've added a few of their own subsequently. The year after launch they used the majority of them for the Hoseason's brochure so I've kept a copy. Not exactly 'published photographer' but I'll take it as it's the closest I'll ever get.

A 14mm? Would you be an MFT shooter by any chance? I used to love that system.

That's beginning to sound like a Jim'll Paint It artwork.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, oldgregg said:

A mixture... They've added a few of their own subsequently. The year after launch they used the majority of them for the Hoseason's brochure so I've kept a copy. Not exactly 'published photographer' but I'll take it as it's the closest I'll ever get.

I hope they gave you a little "thank you" or discount for the use of your pictures !

• Like 1

3 hours ago, oldgregg said:

No I'm a 5D Full Frame guy.  It's a F2.8 Ultra Wide Lens.   I love a bit of Fred Dibnah on youtube climbing up a chimney like walking up a staircase and fixing his steam engine.  It's 'riveting'

• Like 1