Any Suggestions For A Private Mooring.

James27

Hi All,

I'm looking to cut some costs next year as the cost of living bites. I was wondering if anyone knew of a cheapish mooring on the northern broads for next April onwards. My current one is about £135 a month for a 27 ft boat. It is very nice, but I don't need the power, water, hoist, slipway, showers or toilets.

All I really need is somewhere to tie up and park the car.

Anyone got any suggestions for a cheap and basic mooring?

Thanks

Hello James 👋 

That doesn’t seem to be a too bad price, I guess that includes the Vague Addition to the Total? (VAT)? 

Some of the less accessible moorings (for some) above those bridges can sometimes offer some lower cost options, it’s worth having a look through the different yards to see what they can offer, and of course if you’re happy and able to pass the bridge/s? If you can it can also be beneficial to arrange a look around the moorings to compare with what you have vs what may be saved. 

Happy hunting 

Kind regards 

Paul 

4 hours ago, CambridgeCabby said:

As has already been said , if your air draught is low enough to pass Wroxham , or even Potter then moorings the other side of these bridges are often lower priced 

Try the old connoisseur yard up stream of Wroxham bridge,they used to be the cheapest in Wroxham.

Horning sailing club has moorings the other side of the river. The club has two rowing boats for the use of those moored there. ( You could stick an electric outboard on if you wanted) It will be cheaper than commercial moorings even with membership ( membership was £150 for a family last year).

As well as moorings you get, water at the clubhouse, car parking, toilets and showers. A slipway for boats up to about 20 ft. The option to join in social events, on sailing days the Tea bar is open, for bacon rolls etc in the morning, and sandwiches etc at lunch time all a rates cheaper than commercial premises.

This is because there are no paid staff it's run by volunteers. But the kitchens have a 5* rating and is very well run.

moorings@horning-sailing.club

• Thanks 2