Ribs

I’d welcome your thoughts on small ribs.

im looking for something @3metres ish.

It needs to have a centre steer position with seats side by side.

I could buy new,2.4 metre with a good s/h 10 hp Honda ,then source a good trailer for prob £5.5k.(this would fit perfectly weight wise with my boat)

or,any thing used between @£3 to £6 k and up for an old to newer boat/outfit.

im obviously looking online at everything I can find coming onto the market but I’d welcome views and experience on rib ownership.

id sell my day boat and put the rib on davits,

id also add,it’s not a need,more of a want thing.:default_biggrin:

Hi.  Cannot really advise on make/type there is so much to choose from.  We had a rib and outboard which we hung from davits on our Seamaster 30.  My only advice - be careful with the weight. Best of luck

Check what is supporting the davits, with just an 2.5m airdeck flubber and yamaha 8hp 2 stroke my RLM31 had a davit pull down through the deck on a bumpy sea trip, had to repair grp then add bigger spreader pads above deck and lots of steel angle below deck to brace it all.

I have a 2.75m rib in my garden but it's not centre console just regular tiller and perch on tube type, good rib but quite old, it has a flat floor (double skin hull) which makes it really quite heavy.

20230610_140639.thumb.jpg.6a83a524db80b9be859211ccfb3cfc86.jpg

Do you mean a proper RIB? = Rigid Inflatable Boat. That is a GRP hull and inflatable side tubes? or an inflatable boat with a solid transom. Very different animals in every respect, especially weight if going on davits.

I work with 2 guys that talk about their ribs but can't seem to explain to them the difference, they have dinghies not ribs....

I have airdeck flubber on the boat so I can stow it below deck when not in use and snap davit to the back in summer use.

On 15/06/2023 at 08:45, ChrisB said:

Do you mean a proper RIB? = Rigid Inflatable Boat. That is a GRP hull and inflatable side tubes? or an inflatable boat with a solid transom. Very different animals in every respect, especially weight if going on davits.

I’m looking at a 2.4 metre Cabrio kart.

it has a grp hull ,centre steer and a bench seat,plus bow seat.

it weighs 50kg

so with a 10 hp outboard it would be just under 100 kg