Pub Distance

Happy

Hi again guys.

It  looks like Wroxham Bridge will be a no no now so I am looking at other places to stay on our short 3 night cruise.

Can you tell me how far it is to the pub from Womack Staithe?  Seems a daft question for those that enjoy walking but to be honest I drink better than I walk these days! 

Thanks and:default_winko: Cheers 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Happy said:

Can you tell me how far it is to the pub from Womack Staithe? 

If you’re stern moored down at Womack Water it’s not far, maybe five minutes. If you’re moored side on down Womack Dyke it’s maybe 10-15 minutes. If you’re on Womack Island you need a boat or to walk on water. :default_rofl:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Thanks for that CC.   I plan to stop at Womack Staithe on Friday night and then give the pilot a ring on Saturday.  It seems it depends who the Pilot is that day on whether a boat will get under or not.  I hope its a 'keen' one on Saturday :default_smiley-char054:  Thanks again

• Like 1

They’re probably also mindful of the forecast and whether you can get back when you need to. That was the problem we had the only time we’ve considered whether to do it. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Happy said:

Hi again guys.

It  looks like Wroxham Bridge will be a no no now so I am looking at other places to stay on our short 3 night cruise.

Can you tell me how far it is to the pub from Womack Staithe?  Seems a daft question for those that enjoy walking but to be honest I drink better than I walk these days! 

Thanks and:default_winko: Cheers 

I know what you mean, trouble is I don't walk better when I've had a drink :default_biggrin:

If you do go for a walk to the pub, just remember where you moored the boat, not that I've lost a boat or anything, my friend Sarah has :facepalm:

Seriously, you may get through the Bridge yet, I hope you manage to get under, you won't want to come back

Grace x

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Love 2