The 2 W's Afloat 1st June 2024

Ok, so I've finally got around to working out our costs for the weeks' holiday on the Broads. Some of you (maybe all!) will think that it was excessive but for us it was acceptable. We actually thought that we would be paying HW more for the fuel used considering that we punched the tide on a couple of days so we were surprised to get a refund albeit a small one! We had budgeted for an overall cost of £2000 for the week so we did spend less than anticipated :default_biggrin:

We did what we wanted to do during the week and we were blessed with decent weather which made it more enjoyable.

Roll on the next holiday afloat on the Broads at the beginning of October this year! :default_biggrin::default_biggrin:

Chris and Brenda

Breakdown of Costs for Broads holiday 1st Jun - 7th Jun.docx

• Like 1

That’s very interesting. Great discounts accumulated with HW. And therefore overall cost is definitely in line with what I would expect for that kind of boat at this time of year. 👍

• Thanks 1

Great to read your holiday adventures, and delivering it within budget is always a bonus!

I'm always interested in 'hire costs', as it helps justify the costs of owning our own, when we spend approx 15 weeks a year on the boat :default_stinky:

"Approx distance cruised was 140 miles. Fuel Consumption therefore was 1.2 litres per mile"..... I monitor litres / taco hour, as it's easier to work out, and Karizma normally does abt 1.6 litres / taco hour during the season, and 2.4 litres / taco hour in winter due to using the diesel heater when moored up.

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Karizma said:

I monitor litres / taco hour, as it's easier to work out, and Karizma normally does abt 1.6 litres / taco hour during the season, and 2.4 litres / taco hour in winter due to using the diesel heater when moored up.

I forgot to make a note of the engine hours at the start of the holiday this time :default_blush: otherwise I would do the same.

Chris

• Like 1

Well done to HW for deducting 4 different discounts, I can see why you're loyal to them.

There was a time when HW prices were higher than Richardsons but my perception is even before discount the pendulum has swung the other way. They have some very reasonably priced boats, especially their older ones.

• Like 1