L'aigle

Myalibi

As promised, a few photos of L'Aigle, formerly Yare Dawn. I've estimate the first to have been taken in 1987, and that's me in the foreground.

LAigleandyourstrulyapprox1987.thumb.jpg.8933c603864d20a0e2d3da40b9beeb20.jpg

These next couple were taken in Coltishall in August 1993

LAigleatColtishallAugust1993.jpeg(2).thumb.jpg.94b27237f121396e9c07878963585e01.jpg

LAigleatColtishallAugust1993.thumb.jpg.8adf4e71a42fceae350cf424859a4d47.jpg

And at Salhouse the same Summer

lAigleatSalhouseSummer1993.thumb.jpg.3f5af9595c9cbfc91b1c82dcf8ffb6a4.jpg

lAigleatSalhouse.jpeg.thumb.jpg.e8b131dd9a843bae9182d6cda5110312.jpg

Fast forward to Coltishall 1997

LAigleatColtishall1997approx.jpeg(2).thumb.jpg.055e94cfe63f40f3a91fbe65e2e4e690.jpg

• Like 11

1 hour ago, WherryNice said:

I wonder, do you know anything about the yellow aft cockpit cruiser moored to the right of L'Aigle? It looks a lot like the boat that belonged to some friends of my parents.

Looks like a seacrete Windboat 26 Southwind named Parana (2), last on hire from Nerina at Horning.

By 1993, she'd have been sold to a private buyer and renamed Leo III.

1 hour ago, dom said:

Looks like a seacrete Windboat 26 Southwind named Parana (2), last on hire from Nerina at Horning.

By 1993, she'd have been sold to a private buyer and renamed Leo III.

That's the one alright, cheers,  I couldn't make out the reg number on my phone. That boat is basically why I now own my own one today:default_biggrin:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Roy said:

Strange to see so many big boats moored up at coltishall proof that wroxham bridge is becoming like potter 

Yes, I remember those days. Twenty years ago and more, the Coltishall Common moorings would fill up during the summer and the moorings on the bend downstream (short-term moorings in those days) were busy also.

• Like 3

I remember it well too. The cruise up to Colitshall is an absolute delight, what a shame if Wroxham bridge becomes like Potter and the delight of that cruise denied to holiday makers and owners alike. Criminal in my opinion

Thank you for the lovely photos Myalibi and welcome aboard

Grace x

• Like 3

Coltishall was a nice run out from Wroxham. The Recruiting Sargeant was a pub we used to frequent for a meal, if I recall well. Interesting name for a pub.

Wroxham bridge was always a challenge, even back then. Sorry to hear that it's become even more of a challenge. 

I think the pic below was taken from the Maclan, so probably early '80's.

Wroxhambridgeapproxearly80s.thumb.jpg.55d44a547e9d275ac1791eb462637409.jpg