new user HI!! quick question?!

danirayer

new user to the site....going on holiday to the broads next week (my 3rd holiday there kids 1st) and was wondering if any of you knew whether there was any kind of boat spotter guide for my 8yr old? husband seems to remember having one when he holidayed on the broads when he was younger but we cant find one anywhere? anybody have any ideas? help would be greatly appreciated!! x

Hi, welcome aboard

I dont think any such book exists.

One was published in 1995, a very basic thing that almost looked like it had been printed off at home with just a basic yellow cardboard cover! It was called something like The Spotters Guide to the Norfolk Broads.

Sadly updated copies did not happen, I assume because only your husband & myself bought one! :naughty:

There is a good website where you can find each fleet and then get a current fleet list based on what Craig has spotted, the Broads Authority lists (in recent years) & what others have submitted http://norfolk.broads.org.uk/wiki/index.php5?title=Main_Page

Have a good time

Dan

I have grabbed a copy of the Hoseasons and HW brochure for my son to 'tick off' the boats he see's when we are on the Broads later this month.... might even see if we can devise a game of 'boat cricket' similar to 'pub sign cricket' we used to play as kids on car journeys!

Hello Dani,

Welcome to the forum.

I can not see any activity books that you mention. they may have been produced by the hire companies at the time.

These might help as an alternative that are available from Amazon. Holiday Sticker Book (Usborne Sticker Books)these sticker books are available in a number of formats.

You could do has suggested earlier go onto Craig's list and print off a selection of broads boats and there number for your child to tick off, I would also get a bird book that covers the type of birds on the Broads, this should range from the type of ducks, geese, birds of prey, wadding birds etc.

Enjoy your holiday.

Regards

Alan