OK So what about cottage hire?

Guest wobblyb

Guest wobblyb

with a day boat,,,,,,,,,,, if we cant ( or hub wont) do the boat thing cos he likes space eg cottage,,,,,,, what about a cottage with a boat,,,,,,,, so we can still do the water, village, nature thing,,,,,,,, but come home to a solid base>

any ideas or links?

cheers

im sorry,,,,, its a boating site and to mention something land lubberish must be terrrible :o

Guest wobblyb

i looked at the heron cottage, now that would have been ideal,,,,,,,,,, but its fully booked,,, pricey but nice,

off to look at the other one,,,,,,,

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi, I know this is a little late !! but just my twopenn'orth, we rented broadlands bungalow this year as my 89 y/o dad is now unable to get aboard unaided. The bungalow is within the Herbert Woods grounds and unlike some, it is situated right on the river with a wonderful view of the bridge at Potter. Its always busy with craft manouvering and braving the bridge so gives constant entertainment !! the bungalow is very nicely appointed and well worth a look. Also Staff at HW were very pleasant and helpful. Previously, we rented coot cottage from Riverside Rentals in Horning and while it was very pleasant, was situated at the end of a dyke with its own dock but had no river views. We,ve just booked broadlands again for next April and a Short break cruiser for 4 days midweek just to keep our hand(s) in.

• 1 month later...

Whilst we don't have any riverside cottages, we do have a number of properties dotted around Norfolk. The closest to the river is in Martham village.

We're also investing in day boats and will also let our smaller cruisers out on day hire so can do some good pre-booked deals.

Summercraft have holiday cottages around their boatyard area and if they are the same high standard as the boats you won'y go far wrong. I believe a lot of them have a day launch with them.

here is a link to their rangehttp://www.hoseasons.co.uk/UKPark. ... %20leisure

You can also contact them directhttp://www.summercraftboats.co.uk/contact.php

Try Norfolk Country Cottages (http://www.norfolkcottages.co.uk) they have a range of properties across Norfolk, including quite a few on/near the Broads, some of which have moorings. As great as it is being on the water, I think it's definately worth getting out and exploring some of the other parts of Norfolk such as the many coastal towns (Blakeney etc) at some point, and a cottage tends to give you the benefits of the Broads, and the ability to travel further afield. (and it's cheaper :))

For those looking to book cottages in the Broads vicinity, please do not overlook www.holidayeast.co.uk. Our own cottage, "Honeysuckle Cottage" - Worstead - is listed with them as are cottages at Reedham, Brundall, Geldeston,South Walsham, Tunstead and Sutton Staithe. "Honeysuckle Cottage" is let with free usage of our River Thurne bungalow's quayheaded frontage. The agency inspects their properties annually to ensure that all properties meet their high standards and rates are very reasonable.