new boat at richardsons

mike

Ah Ha! Clive that's what I've not been looking at! You need to build boats for the hire market, I've been looking at it from the view would I buy one if I had the chance? the answer is no! but I would buy an RC45, we had a look on two, Carousel and Broadsman, My daughter loves Broadsman as she has kids, but Judi and me fell in love with Carousel couldn't fault it, but here's a laugh! while at Ludham Carousel went under the Bridge and when it hooted Judi feel about laughing, she was expecting something loud and it just made a little Parp, so when I win the Lottery I want a louder Horn, plus while I was dreaming I came up with a few little cosmetic changes I want, my Daughter will take hers as it is, :grin:

Regards Frank,,

• Like 1

I saw her out on the water twice - Once on the Ant and then once just coming into Wroxham from Coltishall.

Perhaps as she is on one level the boat looks longer than Broadsman and Carousel - I like the design as a whole, because it has a forward well where other forward drive boats in the past have done away with this.  

I'm not sure about the placement of the helm however - it does look a bit far back from the front screen and while one can open the canopy to see out that does not help if it is raining.  The blinds give it a very upmarket feel - but not sure how long they will last without being bent and slates no longer aligning from hirers being perhaps a bit rough with them.

Why no reversing camera though?  I've not had a look at what the type fitted to Broadsman etc is - or how good the screen is inside) but for under around £40.00 they could have got one I use - wide angle, full colour complete with flat panel monitor all on 12v - I guess being able to see out the rear door from the helm may negate it's need, but even so they make great additions whatever the boat for seeing what is coming up behind or to aid in stern mooring.

Overall a very nice boat which from the internals on Richardson's FB page looks very nice as if they were practicing on the other new builds and now have hit the nail on the head.  Very high quality look in a unique package and design. Good stuff Richardson's!

Jonzo,

Whilst it is a great looking boat, it is not one I would hire. If I had the money I'd opt for Carousel because I prefer the higher up steering position.

Having said the above, I do in many ways prefer the more ‘classic’ boats as while they may not be new, or as ‘cool’ looking inside and out, they afford the same experiences when you are going along, the same places you can visit and in some instances even have some of the same inventory onboard such as fridges, cookers, stereos and heating systems as their ‘new sisters’ but cost a great deal less.

I confess I was disappointed to see the same old JVC CD/Radio fitted and not something more fitting for this type of boat, but with a more premium model of television and two of them at that, digital temperature controlled heating and LED lighting a plenty and some scrumptious upholstery in a neutral colour Broadlander sure does have the look and feel of something premium.

However honestly when it comes to ‘things on board’ I think I am simply too fastidious.  The list of things I would include would be prohibitively expensive for a hire boat – I’ll save them until the day I own my own.

Honestly it depends how many of my numbers come up, if it is only 3 of them then I’ll have a burger from the van at Richardson’s ;)

Seriously, if I had a few million pounds I would personally never buy a boat ‘off the peg’.  I would have something designed from scratch for me, suited to the Broads then get Clive's chaps to build it because frankly they seem to know there stuff and do a fine job on what effectivly are at the end of the day products to run a business off - they need not therefore be of such a perfect finish but they clearly have a lot of pride in what they do.