Mooring on Oulton Broad

Hylander

I think you are referring to the piling by the side of the road? If so, there are a number of small craft moored there with bow lines to the wall and stern lines to buoys. The rest of the area is derelict now so I don't think mooring would be permitted.

Sorry if I'm slightly high jacking the topic but I've noticed the powerboat racing is on Monday 26th August and would love to watch it. As we would be overnighting there and having an evening meal in a pub/hotel which ones would we be able to moor at and also get a decent view of the racing, and who dishes up good grub.  

In the unlikely event we can't get to moor at an eatery where else could we moor and then walk to see the racing.

Jim 

Now if I have got this wrong may be someone will put me straight but I think near to Broadland Village Holiday Camp there is a pontoon type of mooring where I have stood and watched the racing and the boats have been moored in front of us.    You have the Yacht Station and the Wherry to choose from but I would get there early as it does get busy on the Bank Holiday.    In recent years they always have a fire work display in the evening which rounds off the celebrations.   As I say this is on past experience but may be someone can be more current with their replies.    

By all accounts you can also moor at Topcraft for a fee.   I would ring first.

I think I am right in saying the yacht station is pretty well fully booked over the bank holiday weekend, but always worth giving them a call. Probably the Wherry hotel offers the best combination of mooring, view and food as the boats race straight down the broad towards you!