Tolls hike ? What for next year

Boaters

There's often an argument put forward that to get the best people, you need to pay the best salaries.

Do we think we've got the best people in the BA?

Do they need such luxuires as business class travel when they're cutting back at the sharp end?

The wastage is scandalous.

Absolutely spot on Andy.

I personally very much doubt that the BA have had any "Business Class Travel" in the last couple of years.

For anybody that is interested the BA are very transparent in the money they spend-just google it. It is published up until August 2013.

• Like 1

There's often an argument put forward that to get the best people, you need to pay the best salaries.

Do we think we've got the best people in the BA?

Looking at their annual report I actually thought the top salaries were on the low side.

Perhaps, Matt.

Looking at what's spent isn't a precise way of establishing waste. Establishing the need to spend is the important point.

Very well put Andy.

It`s easy for an authority to say "we spent £xxx pounds this, £xxx pounds on that etc etc, but you never hear, or read exactly what is incurred in those costs. For example, One of our nearby councils was proud of the fact they had someone filling a position at a modest salary (NOT actually modest when compared to other local employment), but what we were`nt told was the fact they`d spent around £25,000 per year on his air fares flying him back and forth to Scotland where he was going home to every weekend, and paying his hotel bills while down here.   An excellent example of waste in my mind, and i wonder what similar skeletons the BA have in their cupboards?.

Regards to all ...................... Neil.