Norfolk Coast flood appeal

Boaters

Launched today an appeal for help for these unfortunate victims of this terrible event.One family came back to find their children's toys spread across the fields and every thing else washed away ,he was on Radio Norfolk and was so positve as he had his family and cat ,nothing else and will fight back ,they had even lost their buisness,I cant imagine how we would cope.Walcott is only a couple of miles from us and is still closed off from traffic ,it is heartbreaking to see the devastation .There is a Facebook page for Walcott ,Happisburg and Hemsby.for donation of items for the homeless ,we are willing to pick up and deliver to the collection centre any items offered .I will post any links ,so if you see any other links please post them here.Thanks . I will post on other Broads forums as we need to get this message out there.

http://www.edp24.co.uk/news/edp_launches_norfolk_flood_appeal_to_help_stricken_coastal_communities_in_their_hour_of_need_1_3089240

Roy and Diane

Hope to see you on the river,

Dear Members

As you are no doubt aware, the NBN Christmas prize draw is currently running, with tickets on sale until Friday 20th December.

In response to the appeal that Roy has made us all aware of, we have decided to donate 50% of the ticket sales to this appeal in order to do our small bit to help ease the serious problems that those affected by the floods have to face.

• Like 1

Thank you team NBN we have donated but these people are going to need a lot of moral support as well especially over Christmas .Walcott was described as like a war Zone .We have not been down as they need space for the work to be done.They could do with some army equipment ,we are quick to send it elswhere.Rant over.

Hi,Alan,all local outfits seem to be helping.if you keep up on the Facebook page (above )you be ,surprise used as I was at what a small community can achieve in a few days and some of the amazing things that have been donated.I passed on the offer from the NBN and was ask end to thank you all.Roy

• Like 2

A week on and so much has been achieved in Walcott and

Bacton,with one resident ,Alf having a new home all donated and site

cleared already with more to follow.A good few homes look likely to

be demolished yet.Touching pictures and posts on their Facebook

page of photos ,toys and other items found in the fields behind the

coast road ,with many being reunited with their owners.This has

been done by local people ,no sending in of massive resources by

you know who ,The donations are over £70,000 in the EDP appeal

alone ,who made a large donation themselves.Just shows what a

small. Community can achieve ,we'll done to them all,and others

around the country. I am sure that the contribution from the NBN will do lots of good for theses unfortunate souls.

http://www.edp24.co.uk/news/_days_1_3113165

http://www.northnorfolknews.co.uk/news/meet_pauline_1_3113207

Roy and Diane

Hope to see you on the river,

Posted for information on other forums. Roy