YOU TUBE CLIP

SPEEDTRIPLE

Hi Neil,

I wish it had been but I think it would have been Peter who was lucky to have sunshine.

We have had rain for almost a week now and still raining whilst I type.

I set off yesterday morning just  before 6.00 from Sheffield down to the boat to give a new owner a days initiation training, needless it rained all the way down to Brundall all the time whilst on board and the complete journey home.

Still it was good to be back on board Ranworth Breeze, lets hope the weather has cleared before we come down again in July.

Mooring practice in the rain luxury! but it needed to be done. I felt sorry for the number of boats that we saw moored up that contained mostly families holidaying for the half term.

There was a number of boats travelling towards and back from Norwich including a five man crew sculling, the poor guy in the front looked as if he had lost the will to live, the four oarsmen were being put through there paces by the small boat behind them with the usual bull horn.

Home by 20.40 a bite to eat and a glass of wine, if only I had seen the sun.

Regards

Alan 

Ranworth Breeze IS a lovely boat, and is in immaculate condition. The only problem was that she`s not suitable for OUR needs, and by that i mean OUR needs, and nothing to do with "Broads suitability", each to their own etc.  What i DO like about your syndicate Allan, is that each share is for 2 weeks, not 4. We will never use 4 weeks a year on Lightning, and probably hardly ever use 3. If i can`t afford my own boat when i retire, i`l buy another share, and have 8 weeks a year up there, but that`s just being greedy :smile: :smile: .

• Like 1

Hi Neil,

On retirement we may buy another share or buy into a Canal based syndicate ( I still love the canals) we are on the canals again in October for a week.

I know what you mean about not having more than two weeks until you retire, it is a case of fitting everything in, family, friends and all those hobbies and pursuits.

Regards

Alan 

• Like 1

Hi Neil,

On retirement we may buy another share or buy into a Canal based syndicate ( I still love the canals) we are on the canals again in October for a week.

I know what you mean about not having more than two weeks until you retire, it is a case of fitting everything in, family, friends and all those hobbies and pursuits.

Regards

Alan 

Absolutely spot on at the moment. With only 25 days a year payed leave, with up to 5 being reserved for the Christmas shutdown, we have to do everything you say, with not enough time.

My new plan is to buy a boat when i retire, and do what John does, and be on it for weeks at a time. save on energy bills at home and relax on the Broads at the same time, could it get any better than that?.

We`ve done it  again, post a you tube clip, and are now talking about retirement and syndicate boating. Talk about going off topic very quickly?.

Regards to all ...................... Neil.

• Like 1

Two weeks is a good balance and does allow you to do other things.

Neil-is there anything in the syndicate agreement to say you cannot sell part of your share to a new owner? It happened quite a lot on ES.

The other thing I like about the RB syndicate is that the boat is winterised and not used during the winter months.

Is the "standard" 12.5 owner syndicate bought one of the shares and retained it the boat could be winterised jan-mid feb, buy two shares and you winterise Dec-Mid Feb. There would however be an increase in costs to the other owners as moorings, insurance, tolls and if applicable management costs are all year round costs but the cost of changeovers would reduce and presumably so would the amount of breakdowns with less usage?

• Like 2