vinyl wrap

The Aussies and Kiwi's have been have been doing it for years, And I believe Clive Richo's pirate themed boat is Vinyl wrapped, Personally I don't think I'd do it on the Broads at least with paint or Gel coat you can repair it, not so sure about the Vinyl,, Frank,,,,

.... at least with paint or Gel coat you can repair it, not so sure about the Vinyl,, Frank,,,,

At the end of the video the chap says if it's damaged, you just stick a patch of the same vinyl over the top, so it sounds do-able. The bit that worried me was where he also said it would be "good for five years or so" .  That's not bad compared with a paint finish, but I still prefer unpainted gel coat.

Original gelcoat, the greatest labour saving invention for boats. My Spring "refit" consists of one day with a pressure washer and some wash and wax car polish. Not "concours d'elegance", but very close, and so easy and cheap to maintain.

I've owned wooden boats and painted GRP, and would never buy one again. Far too much effort and expense on a two or three yearly basis.

Strow! nice new vinyl wrap and a day moored at Ludham bridge, lots of patches methinks, :cry

Frank,,,,

Yes, could soon look quite messy, if used somewhere busy like the Broads.

It sounds too reminiscent of Fablon to me (the principle anyway).

Original bare gel coat for me, every time.

Practically no maintenance, year after year....