Oulton Broad water depth

riyadhcrew

I will be cruising to Oulton on 10th August in one of Richos 45s. I would like to show my girls the nice houses around the broad and wondered if there were any depth restrictions around the perimeter? I hope JM sees this, because he has helped me before. Many thanks in advance.

It will be mid to late afternoon, as we are having Sunday Lunch in the Priory at St. Olaves. Once we have been round the broad, we will moor up at the yacht station or the Wherry for the night. What is the best chippy near the moorings, as I've no doubt that the girls will get hungry again?

Thanks again for your help.

We prefer the one over the road bridge and towards the North Railway station. We've not tried the Hall Road Chippy, though.

Place To Place
Lowestoft, Suffolk NR32 3LR

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Place+To+Place/@52.4758832,1.7103976,1715m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!1m2!2m1!1schio+shop!3m1!1s0x47da1ba77747e8cb:0xff6aec7ff6af2241

Re the Hall Road chippy, 'tis my nearest but my wife & I prefer the one near the Spar shop in Oulton Broad itself. Another favourite is the chippy in Gresham Avenue, still in Oulton Broad but a long walk from the yacht-station.

Re depth, not a problem unless you really go in close.  I have a feeling that Lucky/Luke's boat is stuck on the bottom, probably all the empty gin bottles, never seems to go anywhere!

• Like 1

Glad you are keeping an eye on my boat 24/7 Peter !!  :roll:  Perhaps you could take a picture and post that up as well ?

You'll have no problems in the RC Eric except at spring low, then keep clear of the North side - that's about it really. Just one tip = when looking at the houses, try not to use binoculars as this often offends, as witnessed by a hireboat last weekend !  :grin: