Priory Farm Restaurant St Olaves

We have just had lunch at the above establishment.       Can I recommend the fresh Halibut and Prawns in a creamy cheese sauce.      The plate was massive and red hot.  Lovely fresly cooked proper food.    If anyone is considering lunch in St Olaves ,  I would recommend.      

I can tell you after reading some of the reviews on Trip Advisor we nearly didnt go, but take it from me it was really excellent.    It was good to see everyone dressed in what I call smart casual all bar one that is who had shorts on and pumps, which was a shame but then he could have been off of the boats and his only pair of trews could have been spoilt for some reason.   You just never know.   All the ladies were dressed in smart clothes, and the guys had either very smart shirts on or a jacket , yes and trousers.   I draw the line on anyone eating in a vest.    That would be a no no for me personally.

Plenty of car parking spaces if you have arrived by car.  Not far from the St Olaves moorings.

Glad you also enjoyed your meal.   We have to promote and support our local business' where we can.

We have to promote and support our local business' where we can.

Totally agree.

At work, I get lots of marketing phone calls.  My first question is 'are you a Norfolk-based business?'  If the answer is yes, then I will listen some more.

I've used that restaurant every time I have been on the broads for the 22 years (I think) it has been open and run by the same people. I have never yet had a bad meal and the service has always been excellent. Was there 2 weeks ago and will be back on our next holiday.

Karen and i have promised ourselves a meal there sometime soon, as it was recommended to us by John and Lynda at Maffett cruisers. They do get the chance to go out on occaisions, and they`ve always recommended it to us.

As for trip adviser, i would`nt give them airspace, as when we`ve read reviews of places we`ve been to and enjoyed, some people have given them bad press. Give them a try, and give an HONEST opinion.

I`ve met people before that think the Harvester is fine dining, and good quality food in quality restaurants is being snobbish, and i`ve seen some of their comments on trip advier which are totally undeserved.

• Like 3

Sounds like a great place for a special meal and I'd entirely agree with what Hylander and Neil say about the TA reviews.

I thought I was missing something when I first read through the posts because I've not heard of them in St Olaves before...

When I Googled them I had thought that we might walk there from the moorings but I found this:

"via Beccles Rd/A143 1 h 9 min
3.5 miles"

Their address should perhaps be "Bradwell"!

Anyways, we've marked them down for a visit when we're next anywhere nearby in the car.  ice slice

• Like 1

John,

From the Bell Inn moorings, it's a 5 minutes walk to the front door. Turn right out of the Bell Inn gate and a couple of hundred yards up the road on the left. Well worth the visit, although I have never drunk the beer there, so can't comment on that.

No John, It's the Priory Inn (part of the old Priory is in the grounds). I think it used to be a farm building that was converted to a restaurant when the farmer's daughter married a chef. The Manager is called Simon and he has been there since it opened. They have a small web site, but I always make content by fax from Saudi. It has a nice entrance and driveway with animals either side of the road.

• Like 1

Thank you for the attached piccy for those who do not know the area well.   Honestly I have just looked at the so called 'directions' on the web and they are pitifully incorrect.   I doubt the person who placed these directions on there had a blasted clue as to what they were talking about.   Hope they never take a group on a walk,  god only knows where you would end up.

So pleased to see everyone with a positive note.   Again this morning another bad report on TA.    I am waiting for my review to be posted.   

Yes, i`ve just checked on google satelite view. As you come to the southern end of the moorings, you take the pathway behind the bungalows toward the bridge, then after a few yards, there looks like a track to your left, heading east. Take that track, and it brings you out at the back of the restaurant. 

Even quicker than walking from the Bell moorings.

• Like 1