Up the creek without the proverbial!

kadensa

Just had a phone call to say my 'dearest' has forgotten to take oars for our dinghy and he 'supposes' I wouldn't fancy bringing them on the train. Since he is quite correct in his supposition, I only hope we can beg /borrow a pair from Richardsons (stealing is, of course, out of the question, although we did once find one floating on the Bure, which, since we couldn't find the owner, is now part of our collection). 

• Like 1

Just had a phone call to say my 'dearest' has forgotten to take oars for our dinghy and he 'supposes' I wouldn't fancy bringing them on the train

The thought of someone getting on a train with an oar under each arm has tickled me!!!

The thought of someone getting on a train with an oar under each arm has tickled me!!!

Actually it's not as far-fetched as it seems.  When we were first married we lived in Burnham-on-Crouch and commuted to London.  On Friday evenings in summer the trains were packed with saily-types, down for the weekend and you'd be surprised at the assorted luggage they brought with them.

Well, you can hardly expect a pair of oars to go by themselves.

Many, many years ago I worked at the Earls Court Boat Show and two of us were asked to collect a blow-up liferaft from a city centre retailers. The obvious route was via the underground . . . . . . yea, that's two of you who have guessed what happened but it was not me, I didn't pull anything, honest!

• Like 1

Actually it's not as far-fetched as it seems.  When we were first married we lived in Burnham-on-Crouch and commuted to London.  On Friday evenings in summer the trains were packed with saily-types, down for the weekend and you'd be surprised at the assorted luggage they brought with them.

I'm a train guard.......nothing surprises me anymore!!!