FOR SALE ALPHA 26 1997 LADY LINDAR

• 1 month later...

Apologies for hijacking/resurrecting this thread, but does anybody actually have genuine figures for the dimensions of an Alpha 26? Most of the brokers seem to have a wild guess and are clueless when you phone and ask them for specifics.

Beam and air draft are critical for my part of the river Great Ouse and I've seen figures for beam varying from 7'2" to 10' 6" and air draft from 7ft 10" to 8' 7". 

Depending upon the actual dimensions, I may have to change marina and it would be mildly irritating to find that a boat didn't  fit in the lock!

Hi... I used to own an alpha 792 (26) called pearl anchor which along with Lady Lindar (friends boat) is for sale at Norfolk Boat Sales.

There are some differences between both boats in terms of interior fit out which can effect the air draft.

These can be engine size and weight,fuel tank capacity ,fresh water tank capacity,raw water tank capacity, batteries,gas bottle sizes ect also rear canopy.

My rear canopy had a fixed frame whereas lady linear has a folding pram canopy which could when folded lower the overall air draught.

My old boat air draught was 8ft 3 inches and lady linear was the same but with rear canopy folded was 8ft 1 inch.

The beam on both boats was 9ft 6 inches.

Both boats are the mk2 version which have stern step/platform and walkthrough transom

The mk1 version have no stern platform and a solid transom.

Hope this may help you.

Thanks very much for the reply, that info was most useful; I wasn't aware that there was a MKI and MkII version of the boat and I now have reliable dimensions to work with.

I need to go and have a look at the various cabin layouts, but unfortunately I can't see that happening this side of Christmas, it is quite a trek from Milton Keynes. I also want to get an idea how noisy the diesel engines are and look at the practicality of the various cabin layouts. The boat will be based on the upper Great Ouse and used by just the two of us for the most part, so an Alpha 26 looks promising.

Thanks again for the reply - much appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

I have read this email about Lady Lindar and the comments that followed. I do not wish to argue but a few points that have been raised are far from the truth.

Firstly Norfolk Boat Sales is six years old and every year we are learning and trying to improve. We are far from perfect but I can assure you that we never set out to upset clients or potential clients. We have sold in excess of 200 boats this year with a good percentage being repeat business. Considering in our first year we sold 45 boats this shows how we have improved. We are constantly looking at putting procedures in place to make the business more efficient to give both buyer and seller a wonderful experience. We have very few complaints so it frustrates me reading so many negative comments from people who have actually never dealt with us.

I have been selling boats in wroxham all my life and making NBS the best is my ultimate aim. When we took on the Broom agency four years ago we made a point of making sure that the guy spending £5,000 receives the same high service as the guy who spends £500,000. It is irrelevant how much people spend whether it is a little Shetland or a new Broom to that person it is there Sunseeker and they should and will receive the same time and care from all my brokers.

NBS is neither a front for selling boats for Barnes Brinkcraft. Many businesses do not think brokerage is important but to me it is extremely important. From a business point of view brokerage is your bread and butter when new and used boats are slow. We do sell stock boats but these amount to only about 25 of 100 boats we have currently for sale.

Our commitment to try and archive the best has been demonstrated by us just completing a purpose built sales marina at a cost of 1.5 million pounds. I had a count today and out of the 45 boats we have there 6 our stock boats so again this demonstrates the importance of brokerage to NBS.

We are a genuine company that is striving to improve and offer the best service. Like other brokers we don't publish our many thank you's and emails of gratitude. We try and show the public how well we are doing by selling boats which we do very well and sell many many boats. Unfortunately the Alpha 26 which is the main topic of this thread is not an easy boat to sell. In my fourteen years of selling boats on the broads they have never been an easy seller.

If anyone would like to discuss this with me or anything I have written please don't hesitate to contact me. We are all in the real world and we cannot keep every client happy and i know for a fact that neither does any other broker in the UK. My email is matthew@norfolkboatsales.co.uk.

Regards

Matthew Stone

Sales Manager

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi members out there.  I know some of you out there are looking to buy a boat and thought the following might be of interest.  Its item number 281515462161 on e bay.  Its a Seamaster 813 and appears to be very good value for the asking price.  Would have a go myself but HAH seems to think two boats are enough!!

I must add that I have no connection with the owner or seller of this boat and have NOT viewed her but can tell you she is shaft drive which IMHO is a bonus.  Regards Alan cheersbar  :wave