FOR SALE ALPHA 26 1997 LADY LINDAR

FOR SALE

LADY LINDAR ALPHA 26

We are selling out Alpha 26 she was our first boat and we have had no complaints, she has been reliable and a pleasure to use moseying about on the Broads. We have owned her for one year and want to size up to a larger boat now so that we can invite the family down and share our enjoyment with them.

We have looked after her and have made lots of improvements such as new Calorifier, added an immersion heater, got the warm air heatimg serviced by the manufacturer, installed a new steering wheel, replaced all ropes with new ones, installed a new Bluetooth radio, replaced and added fenders, install a remote controlled spot light and in March of this year got a new boat safety certificate.

The boat has an island bed. One of the nice things about the boat is that the interior is bright and clean looking and is easy to get on and off of from the rear as you can step straight on to her.

She is a lovely welcoming boat and very cosy especially now she has good heating and piping hot water.

She's up for sale at Nofolk Boat Sales in Wroxham at the moment, we've put her up at the same price that we paid for her and not added on the cost of the improvemnts we've made and so she's a bargain in our opinion, who ever buys her should have trouble free boating. All other details are on the web site.

If you are interested take a look on the Norfolk Boat sales web site, she's moored at Wroxham, if you have any questions feel free to message us.

Happy Boating

Janice

We popped to NBS about a week ago and Lady Lindar was where we left her tucked out of the way and not in the main boat sales part, she had not been cleaned even though we have been charged for Brinkcraft to clean her and one of her (new) ropes was dangling in the water. We were not pleased and it really upset me that she doesn't seem to be being looked after. We were told she would be moved within a couple of days as a couple of boats had been sold.

I called NBS yesterday to get an update on where she was sitting and she is still tucked around the back. I mentioned that she had not been cleaned and, I have to say I don't think my comment was welcomed as the voice at the other end of the phone changed as if I was being a pain, they said that they would mention it to Brinkcraft on Monday.

I am not sure what to do from here really.

What would really help is if anyone from the forum makes a visit to NBS in Wroxham if they could have a look to see if she is in the main sales bit and looks clean to post the update here.

I would be very grateful as we are not local to the Broads and so can't check on her as regular as we would like.

Thanks in advance

Janice

Janice, at this time of the year the brokers will be awash with boats for sale. I rather fear that it's probable that bigger, more prestigious, more profitable boats will be featured in the main selling area. Don't take that as gospel but those guys are in the business of making money, been at it for a long time, know what they are doing. In any case I doubt that she'll sell before the New Year, maybe as late as Easter, so cleaning it now will mean that she'll need cleaning later. The alternative is to sell her yourself. Unfortunately there are scores of small cruisers up for sale this winter. I'm afraid selling a boat is not as easy as buying one! When the time is right I'm sure she'll be cleaned, bit pointless at this time of the year, in my opinion. Anyway, good luck.

Janice! if the guy Matt is referring to is the same one I'm thinking of, he sold my Hampton 25 in two days, and he seems to have a list of people looking for good boats, it's a working yard so I don't know if they will clean it for you, we have visited him at Wayford quite a bit in the last couple of weeks and he seems to have quite a good turn around with boat sales, if you don't know him at first you will think he's a bit dodgy, Yes! Jon I know you spy on me! but he tells you it as it is if your boats C**p or over priced he will tell you, in my case he told me my boat was under priced and I came out 2.5k better off, I've just bought my new/old boat from him and he actually pointed out a couple of things I'd missed, I'll PM you his link then you can decide, as I said it's a working yard and looking at it you would never think he could sell a boat but he really shifts them, don't hold me too it! but I think that if you decided to use him he will even pick up your boat from Wroxham and take it back to his yard,,, Frank,,,,

• Like 3

Hi Janice,

NBS is really a front for Barnes Brinkcraft's to sell their own boats off.. (plus the big brands associated with them). So I wouldn't expect they would push your boat hard.  I worked closely with a broker here and it's shocking how little they (This broker anyway) put into selling a boat... I think its down to the location of the broker and a bit of luck that sells your boat. Plus you need to ensure they have good pictures and the boat is clean and tidey throughout.. (and please leave the curtains open so people can look in.. not everyone can be bothered to go and ask for the keys!)

Personally I would suggest a move to NYA at least the experiences we've had with them has all been good and the facilities in horning for smaller boats seems positive same for waterside at potter.. although certainly look at the smaller ones.. jon at wayford seems to be really well as does broadland boat sales. 

Naturally I suggest you market her privately too; apollo duck, boats and outboards, gumtree, ebay (although ebay is sometime more hassle than its worth).. etc 

As others have mentioned this is the time when everyone tries selling so its even more of a buyers market :( 

Good luck

• Like 1

Matt, I think that that is good advice. I see that NBS has two other Alpha 26s for sale so a move might be sensible.

I think you may be right with that, I know one of the Alpha's is a stock boat as it used to belong to our friends (also forum members) and NBS took it in part exchange, so possibly they may be inclined perhaps to push their stock boat(s) first.

Thanks

Jan

Hi Janice,

Personally I would suggest a move to NYA at least the experiences we've had with them has all been good and the facilities in horning for smaller boats seems positive same for waterside at potter.. although certainly look at the smaller ones.. jon at wayford seems to be really well as does broadland boat sales.

Good luck

All sounds logical to me but not good for us at the moment :(

We did speak to Chris at NYA when we were looking at boats the other weekend and he seemed interested in selling our boat, he said he would go look at her last Monday and get back to us but he didn't. I have left a message for him to call us.

It is appealing to sell her with the smaller brokers as, just my humble novice opinion, they seem to care more. We know one smaller broker who was happy to sell our boat but the marina where we moor her wouldn't let them on the Marina to bring viewers around (HW PH).

Jan

• Like 1

Janice! that last bit is no surprise as H/W own Waterside boat sales as well, if you sell your boar from your mooring there your loosing them their 8% commission,,,

Frank,,,,,

Ah yes, but what you don't know is that we asked them if they would sell Lady Lindar for us but they said they don't sell that type of boat which is why we thought it reasonable for us to be able to sell it independently with another broker.

I emailed NBS today and they have called me this morning to say that they will try and move her to a better position but still in the side bit and will ensure she is kept clean. They said that the side part of their Marina sells just as many boats as the main bit but I know when we were looking to buy a boat we didn't know the side bit existed and did not look there.

We have some thinking to do over the coming week to see want to do next I think.

Also, If boats don't sell this time of year, are we wasting our time :-(

Boatless and sad

Jan

Jan, you aren't wasting your time but I do think that you are worrying unnecessarily. It is a fact of life that the selling of boats, especially lower priced ones, is seasonal and it's quite likely that your boat won't shift until after Christmas, even March. As a matter of interest when did you buy her? 

Taking her in as a part exchange might be an option worth exploring.

Personally I would go back to Herbert Woods & Waterside and talk part-exchanges, after all they sell boats and subsequently their moorings.

Jan, you aren't wasting your time but I do think that you are worrying unnecessarily. It is a fact of life that the selling of boats, especially lower priced ones, is seasonal and it's quite likely that your boat won't shift until after Christmas, even March. As a matter of interest when did you buy her? 

Taking her in as a part exchange might be an option worth exploring.

Personally I would go back to Herbert Woods & Waterside and talk part-exchanges, after all they sell boats and subsequently their moorings.

Good advice re part exchange we've seen a boat we may like at NBS Horning but not totally sure yet.

We bought her last September and collected her first week in October. So maybe there is still hope, although with NBS having three Aplha's could cut our chances by three.

Beginners learning I think, as someone said it's easy to buy but not so easy to sell.

Just missing the Broads so much it's the only time I switch off and relax.

Jan

Janice! be careful if your thinking of part ex they will offer you silly money for yours, as a friend of ours found out, I find it very odd that Waterside wouldn't take your boat thought I did notice they seem to be going a bit upmarket now, most of the cheaper end we looked at there over the last few weeks wern't worth the money they were asking, I've bought and sold boats through them for years but things seem to have changed there now H.W own it, personally I won't deal with them again for reasons I won't go into, have a word with Jon! if your not happy you don't have to go with him, it now seems Jon created a circle, a member here bought my boat, someone else bought his, and it now turns out we have just bought that someones boat, as Jon said! if you go round once more you'll all end up owning the boat you started with, and we all all more than happy with Jons service,,

Frank,,,

P.S Jon if you read this I want a discount for all the advertising I'm giving you here,, :wave

• Like 1

NYA will generally consider taking boats in part exchange, so that's worth thinking about if they have anything you are interested in. I can only speak from personal experience, but when we sold our previous boats we'd had it with an internet broker for a few months. We'd had a few viewings but no offeres. We decided to put it with NYA in Brundall so took it up there on a saturday, told them how much we wanted to walk away with, and it sold for the right price the very next day!

• Like 1

do I sell boat,s  and work on them sail them and do the lifts and stuff and all that too blimmey .................

thanks for the nice comment's tooo guys ........

up yer pipe I say ........!!!!!!!

it will sell when the rite  person come along may be now may be later ..!!!!

good luck with yer sale and if we can help just ask I don,t bite .....

• Like 4

do I sell boat,s  and work on them sail them and do the lifts and stuff and all that too blimmey .................

thanks for the nice comment's tooo guys ........

up yer pipe I say ........!!!!!!!

it will sell when the rite  person come along may be now may be later ..!!!!

good luck with yer sale and if we can help just ask I don,t bite .....

:clap I am too inpatient thats my problem, someone will buy her and be very happy (and so will we!).

We are back up at the Broads around my birthday 19 October for a few days, will pop to see you Jon, be interesting to meet you and see what you have for sale too.   :Sailing  We've got lots of thinking to do between now and then.

As for the others, NBS said they've moved her to a better position today but........ still need to think about that.

We have paid HW until end of December for the mooring, not sure if we will stay there or not after that, more thinking and it might be a nice change to moor somewhere else.

Missing our boat, would be okay if we could still use her and leave her up for sale when we are not there, we have a lot of money invested in her.  We came down to Norfolk a week or so ago and paid for a hotel.......... which seems crazy!  (and uncomfortable!).   Yep I agree with you, that this is a nice time of year, the broads quieten down and there's no other place like it.

Ha Ha, know you don't bite, too many people saying too many nice things  :pirate  looking forward to meeting you.   

Its all good and will work out.

Jan

NYA will generally consider taking boats in part exchange, so that's worth thinking about if they have anything you are interested in. I can only speak from personal experience, but when we sold our previous boats we'd had it with an internet broker for a few months. We'd had a few viewings but no offeres. We decided to put it with NYA in Brundall so took it up there on a saturday, told them how much we wanted to walk away with, and it sold for the right price the very next day!

O thats a dream, take your boat there one day and sell it the next, fantastic.  What time of year was that?

I think, if we think we may not sell her until Spring then we are going to have to find a mooring where we can moor and sell her, we can't be without a boat that long, no one should be expected to do that! :Stinky  am having withdrawal symptoms, am in a right old mood.  The Broads used to calm me down and so need to do something soon before poor Mike has to take any more of my shenanigans  :naughty: lol

Jan