fab time

mickey123

well, we took the in laws for the first time on the broads, and they absolutely loved it!!! I was really worried incase they didn't, you're in a confined space and I didn't know how they'd get on, but all went tickety boo!

I think after the 2nd day, they were asking about for next year. We met the other son as he dropped his girlfriends son to uni in Norwich so he met for a coffee, he came on board to have a look and guess what? Hes going for a long weekend in October, I think I need to contact Richardsons and get commission for all the people I'm sending there.

We had a really relaxing week, the weather was fantastic, good old Norfolk broads doesn't disappoint. Even though there were a few people about, we never had a problem mooring. Well the other half and I may be going back early next year for a long weekend on our own, so will be looking forward to that now.

• Like 9

There is no cure for BroadsItus, it grabs you with both hands and just won't let go. Ask anyone on here, and they will all repeat what I am saying! Or words to that effect.

Delighted Mickey that the outlaws :naughty:  are now smitteners. Good init :pirate

cheers Iain.

• Like 3

There is no cure for BroadsItus, it grabs you with both hands and just won't let go.

You're not wrong there Ian ......but would you want it to let go? :)

Welcome from me as well Mickey, glad you had a great time...... The weather has been great, just hope it continues next week

David

Broadsitus is indeed incurable but, as with many chronic afflictions and with the right treatment, it can be managed to a comfortable level.

Many and varied visits to Norfolk and Suffolk will alleviate any nagging withdrawal symptoms temporarily but, the condition will return as soon as the next adjacent county border is crossed on the way back.

The only long-term symptom reducer is to uproot and go to live in the area. This, of course, requires a pre-med comprising a very large injection of spondoolicks and an adjustment to your metabolism in order to deal with the pace-reduced lifestyle of Broadland.

Remember one very important thing...resident Broadlanders have a word for mañana but it lacks that urgency! :)

• Like 7