Name the part

macroft1

Good luck Mark.

I fitted one to a boat I had many years ago on a dry mooring in the Thames Estuary.

Used one of these as I could get a good turn of the chain from the mooring buoy round the post and get a padlock through it to keep it secure. I have seen a few boats on the upper Thames and other rivers use these with a locked chain when they moor in City centres in case someone thinks it's funny to cast a boat adrift :norty:

Not wishing to teach you to suck eggs, but if it's a new fitting to the boat make sure it's secured to a solid piece of deck or put some supports behind the deck - I used half inch marine ply with a home made steel plate over it and plenty of sealant on the bolts.

Good luck Mark.

I fitted one to a boat I had many years ago on a dry mooring in the Thames Estuary.

Used one of these as I could get a good turn of the chain from the mooring buoy round the post and get a padlock through it to keep it secure. I have seen a few boats on the upper Thames and other rivers use these with a locked chain when they moor in City centres in case someone thinks it's funny to cast a boat adrift :norty:

Not wishing to teach you to suck eggs, but if it's a new fitting to the boat make sure it's secured to a solid piece of deck or put some supports behind the deck - I used half inch marine ply with a home made steel plate over it and plenty of sealant on the bolts.

The part of the deck where it's bolted too is double the thickness of everywhere else.

The new stainless one I've bought is to replace the original tatty one which is chrome plated ferrous material and well past its best. 

It'll be bolted through the deck with 4 off M6 stainless bolts and nylok nuts. Underside is two 6mm thick plates. It ain't going nowhere!!

Regards.

Mark.