Threat to our freedom?

JennyMorgan

Oh dear, perhaps I'm guilty of not focussing on a single issue.

I'll try, for one last time. The wolf (aka JP) exists. A false(?) cry went up that he was attacking the flock (aka OB). He wasn't, so he is dismissed as not being a problem, and the shepherd boy (aka JM) is derided.

Meanwhile, the wolf is attacking a different flock (aka BNP), but the shepherd boy's warnings will be ignored, because no-one believes him any more.

Grrrrrr, yum, yum, Succulent lamb chops  :roll:

Precisely Paladine, ! :)

The shepherd boy JM is making it easier for the big bad JP to knock off the occasional sheep, because he cries "Wolf" on an almost daily basis.

If only he could shout "Wolf" when an actual, real, attack is imminent !

I think you've struck the nail on the head there. I've seen too many posts incorrectly accusing the BA of this, that, and another, that I now take everything I read from those posters with a pinch of salt - like you say, it's only damaging their own credibility.

Clearcut  feedback from another "sheep".

The shepherd boy JM is making it easier for the big bad JP to knock off the occasional sheep, because he cries "Wolf" on an almost daily basis.

So that's about 300 complaints or topics against the BA a year! I don't think so.

Perhaps the continuous outcry against myself from the predictable few also devalues those complaints.

• Like 1

Precisely Paladine, ! :)

If only he could shout "Wolf" when an actual, real, attack is imminent !

That argument presupposes that anything posted on this (or any other forum) makes any difference whatsoever to the operation of the Broads Authority. Apart from a few very low-level occurrences, when one of the local Rangers has responded as a forum member, I can't think of any instances where that has happened.

What can happen (and I'm speaking from personal experience) is that someone can be prompted to take direct action over an issue that was brought to notice by a forum post.

JennyMorgan may see danger where there is none, but I would much rather be able to note and research such fears than take the attitude of some that everything in the garden (to bring in another metaphor) is rosy.

At the end of the day, it's not what is said on here that affects the Authority, it's the weight of any case or argument that can be made against them in the real world, rather than in this virtual reality.

• Like 2

We're unlikely to ever agree on this, and even though this type of thread (understandably) attracts few posters, it looks as though I'm not alone in my thoughts.

Maybe once again, its reached saturation point until next time.....

We're unlikely to ever agree on this, and even though this type of thread (understandably) attracts few posters, it looks as though I'm not alone in my thoughts.

Maybe once again, its reached saturation point until next time.....

I post according to my own principles, beliefs and understanding of issues. It matters to me not one jot whether others agree with me or not. If, for example, 5 people agree with me and 10 people disagree, does that mean I'm wrong? No, it simply reflects the opinions of that particular group of people.

On this thread, the sample size of people has been very small indeed.

But we can all agree to disagree.

.....On this thread, the sample size of people has been very small indeed......

It always is Paladin, on all threads like this one.

We usually agree to disagree.... :)