Nice looking River Cruiser on Ebay

There's a very nice looking river cruiser on Ebay at the moment, item number 131463146706

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Norfolk-Broads-Vintage-Classic-River-Cruiser-Sailing-Boat-Gaff-Rigged-/131463146706?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item1e9bd06cd2

It's a classified advert, rather than an auction, at just under £15k, or offers.

I'm too cowardly to own a large wooden boat myself :) , but this one looks to be in very good condition for that sort of money.

Lots of detailed photos, quite interesting to just drool over those.......

post-195-0-17231400-1428651203_thumb.jpg

If its the same one it was owned by Landamores MD of the time when I was there, I do remember when 'Tampax' as it was lovingly nicknamed was sold, I doubt its current owners have let her slip im not a much of a woody boat fan but this one is a top quality boat.

Im in the wooden boats pleasing to look at but would never buy one club!

That's a much better description of my philosophy as well Mark. :)

I'm very grateful to people like Griff so that I can admire the sight of BA without any of the time and bills.

Tupperware for me, but only because it makes a nice cheap and easy to maintain boat to view all the nice woodies from....

They all seem to be worth about the same, sometimes the sellers prefer to sell a boat to someone who is able to look after it  and race it rather than  the first person with the cash who gets bored and allows the class to loose a boat.. 

It is a very closed market  with these river cruisers as they are not much use on any other waterway..

They all seem to be worth about the same, sometimes the sellers prefer to sell a boat to someone who is able to look after it  and race it rather than  the first person with the cash who gets bored and allows the class to loose a boat.. 

It is a very closed market  with these river cruisers as they are not much use on any other waterway..

True, although in recent years I've come across one that went to the Fens, and another that's being exported to Australia (after being restored in Norfolk). A few years ago I also came across a Gay Lady that'd been moored in the floating harbour at Bristol (presumably sailed on the Avon), but was being sold for a song after sinking at her mooring. She did sell, although whether the new owner was able to restore her to her former glory I don't know.

The furthest I've heard of a Broads yacht going on her own bottom was the original America, which made it to the Caribbean (albeit after some modifications, including re-rigging as a yawl).

• Like 1