Little Ships

webntweb

JA.. Do you think there will be a spare spot for us to bring Orca?... It would be nice to spend more time with some of these boats.. Obviously we are fibreglass (athough there is quite a bit of wood inside (Where it don't rot every year - No offence intended).. If you think there will be would I need to book with the harbour master? cheers...

P.s.. I am so looking forward to this!!

Orca's spot is allocated with the woodies Alan (dont try Tim, the harbour master, the place is fully booked already) .

And just a warning everyone, Alan has kindly agreed and is going to be our photographer during the weekend.

• Like 1

Take a few box of Chochies with you Alan to use as props, when taking pics of JA! :naughty:

cheers Iain.

He can come and take piccys of me any time Iain but, sadly, not at Beccles in August coz I aint going to be finished... :cry:

I am sending a delegation of my humans to keep an eye on things for me though whilst I run everything from here of course!

• Like 1

Hmmm not quite an Airfix Kit are you! Looks like they haver taken you back to the bare wood! Yes, and will not come cheap either. Must say, for a boat you take very good pics.  :naughty: Many thanks for those photos.

cheers Iain

Looking good though JA..

Brings back some memories ... We've been there before.. This was my last baby "Jessica".. She's all good though but with a new home.. Orca being plastic means I can now sleep at night lol

post-28066-0-04304000-1433887521_thumb.j

post-28066-0-41313800-1433887533_thumb.j

• Like 1

Yes, well, I am aware that I was way too far gone to be done really and there are woodies in a far better state than me being broken up because they cant find homes with able owners.

The cost of a professional rebuild of a 35 foot woodie is now in excess of £60,000 and not many people would even begin to consider that let alone actually finance such a venture.

But, with such an enthusiastic bunch around me (and on here of course) the future is bright and filled with the promise of the waveney beneath me and the smell of chocolate within!

• Like 6

• 3 weeks later...

JA if theres any spots free can we kinda reserve one for some friends.. they have an early thornycroft (and unconfirmed dunkirk little ship) called "Morn" (Sadly I can't find any pictures of her online although she's apparently like this http://s192.photobucket.com/user/drew5233/media/Dunkirk%20Little%20Ships/P1030856.jpg.html I've not even seen her yet). She's not broads based but only down at burnham so it should be an easy run up.. I can confirm closer to the date though.. Worst case she can take Orca's slot and we can moor round the corner or something though.

cheers