Little Ships

webntweb

Balls someone stole my Dream.. (and I thought it would be Clive).. bloody good idea.  (If I say so myself).. The last few hire boats we hired were proper timber ones and it felt like we was really experiencing a traditional boating holida.. I think as we never saw such boats in abundance I'm kinda drawn to them (Orca being plastic is just out practicality). Good luck to them. Hope it goes really well and it would lovely to see more proper boats saved and out on the water. cheers

• Like 2

Pop down to Beccles on carnival day (August 15th) and you will see a selection  of some of the best woodies currently afloat.

A number of the 'exhibits' will be available for you to have a look round as well. 

• Like 1

Pop down to Beccles on carnival day (August 15th) and you will see a selection  of some of the best woodies currently afloat.

A number of the 'exhibits' will be available for you to have a look round as well. 

I'll be there :)... (looking like I have rabbies ;) ) cheers

Lady Christina from Little Ships I believe will be at Beccles along with Star Premiere and me.

Yes we have Lady Christina and Water Rail along with Barry and Star Premier. Just to whet your appetite they will hopefully be joined by an absolute sea of planking and varnish representing just about all the builders from times gone by.

How about some of these...

Manxman (Herbert Woods Golden Light )

Mona's Queen (Herbert Woods Golden Light (not comfirmed yet))

Lady Fontana (Richardsons)

Broadland Grebe (Ripplecraft)

Judith 'M' (Martham Boats)

Broad Ambition (Mr Griff in the flesh!)

Tabitha Rose (Herbert Woods Starlight class)

Delight XI (Herbert Woods Delight class - just like Water Rail - not yet confirmed but trying really hard to get there)

and not quite full woodies but just as enthusiastic,

Chameleon (that lovely Jaguar Mike)

Mystic Melody (All the way from the Thames!)

Finale (our very welcome support vessel)

and some of the owners will be opening their boats up for you to have a look at and drool over. Does it get any better than that?

Us woodies eh? We know how to put on a show!

Edited by BroadScot
JA das Boat couldn't spell Broad Ambition properly ;-)
  • Like 3

I can tell you the job Adam & Katie have done on Lady Christina is truly amazing, the next project I believe is Nocturn. Built by Windboats in the 1930s and bought by Ralph English for his hire fleet. When he sold up it eventually morphed into Fineway Cruisers. Then there is Goodwind the even bigger original Windboat she is I think over 40'. Built by Graham Bunn for his own use so something a bit special.

Anyway the show that Janet Anne is arranging is going to be I think a memorable event, so gird your loins and get down there for  14th/15th/16th August at Beccles YS.

post-40-0-50550900-1433410534_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Can I also point out that in an above post I mentioned that Mr Griff would be attending 'in the flesh'.

In view of recent pictures posted on a thread regarding nude cruises I feel the need to clarify. Mr Griff will be wearing something throughout the weekend...

A smile!  :naughty: :naughty:

:taunt:

• Like 3

JA.. Do you think there will be a spare spot for us to bring Orca?... It would be nice to spend more time with some of these boats.. Obviously we are fibreglass (athough there is quite a bit of wood inside (Where it don't rot every year - No offence intended).. If you think there will be would I need to book with the harbour master? cheers...

P.s.. I am so looking forward to this!!

Oh dear one of the worst slip ups to make is to call her "Broads Ambition"

Griff has been known to keelhaul the miscreant !!!!!!!!!!! :)

How Many tons is JA? Plz send video of Griff lifting THAT Boat!  :naughty:

cheers Iain.