The Lord Nelson

Mark

I know this has come up before, but does anyone know the confirmed  situation with the Nelson as hear so may different versions.

We were in Reedham on Saturday and before stopping at the Ship, asked the Ranger, who said it was currently being re wired  and he thought 3 months or so still to go..    

Hi Mark

As I understand it the pub has been taken over by the same outfit who have the Rising Sun at Coltishall among others. There's always rumour and counter rumour.

Problem is the pub is in a bit of a sorry state and will take a lot of work to get it going again. It was completely stripped (I took this photo a couple of months ago).

If it were Wetherspoons it would probably be open again in few weeks. However my guess is the work is progressing at a leisurely pace and based on current progress I really can't see it opening this season. I think Christmas would be more likely. It's possible the work is not getting priority which could explain why not much seems to be happening. They can't be paying rent on it, so I would guess that Wellington have either sold it or have suspended payments.

All this is conjecture of course and someone more local may have better info.

post-38-0-89871500-1437993191_thumb.jpg

Hi Mark

As I understand it the pub has been taken over by the same outfit who have the Rising Sun at Coltishall among others. There's always rumour and counter rumour.

Problem is the pub is in a bit of a sorry state and will take a lot of work to get it going again. It was completely stripped (I took this photo a couple of months ago).

If it were Wetherspoons it would probably be open again in few weeks. However my guess is the work is progressing at a leisurely pace and based on current progress I really can't see it opening this season. I think Christmas would be more likely. It's possible the work is not getting priority which could explain why not much seems to be happening. They can't be paying rent on it, so I would guess that Wellington have either sold it or have suspended payments.

All this is conjecture of course and someone more local may have better info.

Just to add, rewiring stone floored buildings takes a lot longer to do.

cheers Iain

• Like 1

Moored outside it Sunday. Loads to do by all accounts and it certainly looks like there is a lot to do-almost looks like the place is being gutted.

Big camper van parked outside which is being used during the week to run the project.

• Like 1

cheers Matt, and yes looks very unusable at the moment.  Did you take the lunch time Midday crossing on Sunday then ? We did wonder when we were there if we would see you cruise in on the Saturday to overnight.  

Enjoy  your week and hope you get some decent Weather 

Only if no one gets stuck under the bridge and closes the river again !

Saw your Ranworth pics earlier in the week  did you go back back again then ?

Janet saw the comments with the  inflatable and so came up with another reason  why I should  not be allowed one,. thanks two guns

Enjoy the last night

• 6 months later...