The Chapman's Week On The Broads

Mark42

Hi Mark,

Great holiday tales and pics, dont be put off by the boiler system they are not bad if they are not left on all the time, per hour, they use less diesel than a Webasto as they only cut in every 15 mins.

That said dont worry if the next boat you want doesnt have one as you seem to have done plenty of cruising to keep your water hot.

You did very well with the weather :clap

Very enjoyable tale Mark, and some lovely photos.

Next time you are up to Neatishead, though, do try the food at the White Horse pub. I know it looks rough around the edges and a bit tatty inside, but IMHO it is still one of the places I like to eat, with a good atmosphere in the evening. The Chef is also the owner, so it's in his interest to get some good grub on the tables.

Next time we are on the broads we will try the White Horse as we will not have the Mother in law with us.

Yes the last 2 photos are rather good, it really is a great mooring spot at Thurne.

Glad you enjoyed the read, hopefully others will continue to post their experiences and diary through out this year.

Mark

Thanks Barry, we have my young daughter to thank for the sunset photo, she was in a rowing boat when she took that shot.

2 years in a row i have been on the broads in the first week in April and had this weather, also in April the boats are more.