Hathor

Polly

Yes I checked the website, but nothing corresponded; the evening sailing, advance camera boat and team aboard looked like a TV arrangement to me, and a special outing for the purpose. Hathor isn't back at base, however and Peter was out on Olive yesterday so she must be on show somewhere.

We were at Barton House on Friday 14th on boat-building related business.  Hathor was in the wet-dock along with Ardea.  The wherry yachts were on the basin and riverside.  Maud was moored at Stalham museum, and we saw Albion on the Bure and Ant earlier in the week, so almost a full house, only Solace missed.

Peter said they were due to be on show for the weekend at Granary Staithe.

We were fortunate enough to be shown over the interior refurbishment of Hathors interior.

I say very well because Mr Boardman being an Architect went for the aesthetic to please the Colemans. The interior finish is Sycamore! The very last wood you would use for boat building, hence the large number of woodworm holes. (hopefully well treated)

DSC_0080.JPG

DSC_0082.JPG

• Like 1

As Chris said, very well indeed.  Externally she looked fine to a 'high standard' as we useed to say.

Internally the panels had been refurbished.  The inlays were found to be solid dyed through the wood and it was possible to reinstate the original colours prior to revarnishing.  They did have fiddly job cutting new inlays for lost pieces.