Worlds Largest Model Railway

Whilst browsing the web, I came across this.

It is the website for the largest model railway in the world. Just click on the link below and then click the Union Jack to bring it up in English, then click and watch the four minute video. You will be amazed with what you see. For a larger full size view click on the full screen at the bottom of the clip.

http://www.miniatur-wunderland.com/

• Like 2

Since we're on the topic of model railways,

Tomorrow Saturday, 3rd October is the Broadland Model Railway Club show at the jubilee family centre Aylsham,              NR12 6JG, 14 layouts, 9 trade stands. Starts 10:15, ends 16:30. Disabled parking at the hall others at Bure Valley Railway, from where a free vintage bus will take you to the hall.  the show price  I think is £4 for an adult. Or go to the BVR at Hoveton and get a combined  rail  ticket and show entry, £12.50 return adult!

I'll be there 07:00 to 18:00 getting thing ready, helping show a layout. And then clearing the hall. I might not do much on Sunday.

• Like 2

Having been at the Model Railway Club, at 10.00 on Friday, to pick up our layouts and equipment we finished our set up at 17:00.  On Saturday I left home at 06:15 and got home at 19:30.  The show was successful and we'll Attended but numbers were down on the year before, we think for two reasons, there was another local model railway show the previous week (which won't happen again) last year was wet this year, was warm and sunny.

BroadScot if you keep an eye on the Broadland MRC site next year, you can  plan your visit better!! Our show is normally early Oct. There is also the Norwich MRC show in April, and the east coast model railway expo  in January (9th next year) at Gorleston.

Having been at the Model Railway Club, at 10.00 on Friday, to pick up our layouts and equipment we finished our set up at 17:00.  On Saturday I left home at 06:15 and got home at 19:30.  The show was successful and we'll Attended but numbers were down on the year before, we think for two reasons, there was another local model railway show the previous week (which won't happen again) last year was wet this year, was warm and sunny.

BroadScot if you keep an eye on the Broadland MRC site next year, you can  plan your visit better!! Our show is normally early Oct. There is also the Norwich MRC show in April, and the east coast model railway expo  in January (9th next year) at Gorleston.

Thank you The Q, we would have been this week had the boat been available! Will keep an eye on their site. I often wonder how many Electricians make model railways a hobby. When I was a member of our local club, many moons ago, there were seven of us who were sparks.

cheersIain.

Yes there are a high percentage of sparkies of various types in my club, the layout I was with yesterday, one to the two operators had even been on the same course as me with the CAA but 4years eariler. The other had worked on the underground in the same department as another club member! But none of us new each other.