Dead webcams?

BuffaloBill

Monica, I believe that the camera on the Broads Tours boat

was by arrangement with the then yard manager Sam, an 

ex-employee of Barnes who no longer works there, so maybe

it won't be back.

I may be wrong but believe it's correct. I knew Sam well both at

Barnes and then at Faircraft but no idea where he is now.

5 hours ago, BroadScot said:

I wonder if Alan (RB) chinned the new owners of the Hotel Wroxham about resurrecting the cams there! :)

cheersIain.

Hi Iain,

Well you know me I mentioned it to Wendy that I would get that sorted as a matter of urgency, People look at the webcams all the time, the one at the Hotel Wroxham was the best one for showing the bridge height board and seeing if there were any mooring spaces outside the hotel, it was then a quick phone call to reserve a lunch or evening mooring spot

Its all business, a mooring fee, maybe a fee beers, an evening meal or a good breakfast, I noted these are at £8.50 for none residents which is a £1.50 reduction on what they used to be.

The beauty about that camera was that you could be nosy and see all the people sat outside watching the bridge carnage.:naughty:

Regards

Alan 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, ranworthbreeze said:

Hi Iain,

Well you know me I mentioned it to Wendy that I would get that sorted as a matter of urgency, People look at the webcams all the time, the one at the Hotel Wroxham was the best one for showing the bridge height board and seeing if there were any mooring spaces outside the hotel, it was then a quick phone call to reserve a lunch or evening mooring spot

Its all business, a mooring fee, maybe a fee beers, an evening meal or a good breakfast, I noted these are at £8.50 for none residents which is a £1.50 reduction on what they used to be.

The beauty about that camera was that you could be nosy and see all the people sat outside watching the bridge carnage.:naughty:

Regards

Alan 

Guid lad Alan,:clap I agree with you about the carnage, that still happens, even with a Pilot there!!!

Seriously, it was a very handy cam to look at. Hopefully it will be reinstated soon, or for next years season start.

cheersIain.