Belaugh yard up for a reward.

The Restoration of Rebel 1 is to be applauded, sadly there is some dispute over whether Rebel 16 is in class, Rebels 14 and 15 were also built in fibreglass to what had been the agreed class rules for the glassfibre boats.

I have raced in Rebels as crew, just the occasional non race helming, they are a heavier boat but nice to sail and extremely good down wind. according the RYA they are slightly faster (1069) than the White boat (1117) or the Waveney (1117) but the Norfolk handicaps put the similar around the 12,13,14% mark.

There is another Rebel class in America, but it is a large dinghy and no relation.

They are very spritely on the river, as I know from experience when they start 5 minutes after the white boats at Horning! Well some more than others, but that might be their helm.

ps I go out for the day and all hell lets loose on that topic that is close to 1500 posts - thought I wouldn't contribute there today as they aren't discussing trains :)

• Like 2