Another boat down at Beauchamp Arms

senator

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the thorpe boat started to go down a good two-three months ago, I guess the owner isnt able to get to it or no one was able to contact them. I borrowed a pedal boat when i was on the Island today and went down to have a look, was a little suprised to see that it had been left to go right down.

the BA and staff at beauchamp arms will attempt to raise T711 friday morning at 8 am , they have borrowed my big bilgepump (3500 gallons an hour) and BA will have pumps with them, lets hope she floats, atm its unclear wether BA will take the boat with them and be scrapped or hopefully it'll be left at pub then transported to rays brothers slip in reedham as some fool has said he'll have it. :roll: if i doesnt come up tomorrow then i'll try and get bigger pumps for an attempt sunday. if we get her we'll be needing a tow to reedham if anyone fancies the job. :Stinky

the BA and staff at beauchamp arms will attempt to raise T711 friday morning at 8 am , they have borrowed my big bilgepump (3500 gallons an hour) and BA will have pumps with them, lets hope she floats, atm its unclear wether BA will take the boat with them and be scrapped or hopefully it'll be left at pub then transported to rays brothers slip in reedham as some fool has said he'll have it. :roll: if i doesnt come up tomorrow then i'll try and get bigger pumps for an attempt sunday. if we get her we'll be needing a tow to reedham if anyone fancies the job. :Stinky

If she is a ferrocement hull, then scrapping her will be a long, hard job.

Good luck with the raising efforts. From the looks of it she isn't as far down as Caravelle, and hopefully there's a lot less water coming in, so you shouldn't need the 11 cubic metres per minute we got to get Caravelle up (we'd have done it with 6 or 7 on the day, but you can never have too many pumps).

If anyone needs a survey, I can and will do ferrocement. :wave

T711 is was floated this morning and taken away by the BA . the guy that had the boat was seen carrying a 1+ meter long parcel onto the boat the day before she sank (propshaft), it has come to light he damaged a flange thus causing water to seep into the boat . i dont know if the BA will sell her on or scrap her . but atleast the polution threat is now gone .

T711 is was floated this morning and taken away by the BA . the guy that had the boat was seen carrying a 1+ meter long parcel onto the boat the day before she sank (propshaft), it has come to light he damaged a flange thus causing water to seep into the boat . i dont know if the BA will sell her on or scrap her . but atleast the polution threat is now gone .

I suspect he'll probably be scrapped unless somebody makes the BA an offer for her quite quickly (assuming she hasn't been scrapped already).

I did wonder what might cause a ferrocement hull to sink like that, and a skin fitting (or in this case stern gland) was near the top of my list of possible causes. A situation where in hindsight paying for a lift out perhaps doesn't seem like such a bad idea after all.